A lot of money will be tied up in the secondary

Max997

However, the Patriots and the Buccaneers are examples of teams who didn't draft big guys early nor often.  It worked.

The Saints and the Cowboys are examples of teams who drafted big guys early and often.  It hasn't worked.

I don't disagree with the importance of the O-Line, just with the single mindedness of how one should be formed.

Perhaps it just didn't pan out this draft(to take O-Line in the 1st day).

If you assume Whitner is a much, much surer thing than any O-Lineman after D'Brick, who & where would we have taken?  If Youboty was a steel where we got him, that leaves the McCargo pick(s).  We could not have gotten Mangold, Justice nor Lutui where we were.

I want 1st day O-Line picks too but I also want our picks(whoever they are) to pan out.  Most here on TBD would have been happy enough with Justice being picked at the #8 spot.  If we had picked him it would not have made it a good pick but at least we could have said....."I'm happy, the O-Line was addressed so all will be well."

731493[/snapback]

I'm relatively comfortable with Marv's approach. He couldn't rebuild all the positions overnight and frankly didn't need to. Are we going to the Playoffs this year? Probably not. But our probable starting OLine averages 312 lbs Battle of the Hippos which compares pretty favorably on a pound to pound basis with a lot of other teams one may have heard of. I think Peters, Fowler and Reyes will develop into the foundation of the line for years to come. If none of those three pops a ganube, Marv will need to find two players - not five.