WGR doing a show about "THE LOGO"

RayFinkle

Not only does it not feature Sabres and break with our original logo almost as much as the Goathead, but it's clearly a logo that will not last.  The best logos are the ones that are timeless, ones you can imagine your team wearing for decades. 

725316[/snapback]

If I had to take a guess at what the most recognizable logos in hockey are, I'd say it's the original 6. Other than a few slight modifications, these logos have stayed the same for a long time. It's interesting how the expansion era teams have gone through so many more major logo/jersey changes in just under 40 years than the original 6 have over their entire existance (other than those 1910-1930 jerseys, which where... different).

And, those are the best - and the same in the NFL. The best uniforms are the ones that haven't changed, IMO - the Packers, the Steelers, the Raiders, etc.

The Sabres original crest is a great great logo. All these years with the red and black, everybody was saying bring back the blue and gold. I always said, I don't mind sticking with red and black, but just let's get that great logo back.

A variation on that, like I've seen posted, would be fine, too.