The Bears give Ogunleye $15M bonus!

Well....I see you are in the minority in your opinion of Jason Taylor...maybe the lack of having a "playmaking" defensive end on your team since the days of BRUUUUUUCE!!!! has clouded your judgement.

And maybe being a phishphan and watching/reading the media trying to sell papers by hyping your boys (This is the miami's year...no really we mean it this time!) has clouded yours.

A recent post of mine asked if you could have one Dolphin player off the Fins roster added to the Bills who would that be? All salary cap implications aside, strictly on talent. Who do you think most of those on this board that you claimed "lmao, sorry but that one will never fly here. I've never bought the JTaylor hype because that's all it is, hype. " wanted on the Bills? I'll give you one guess, his initials are Jason Taylor.....

I'm failing to see what anybody else's opinion has to do with mine. My opinions come from what I see on the field, not from what I read on the internet.

That being said, I would probably have chosen McMichael on talent alone, with Chambers a close second. Also nods to both Surtain and Bowens if the Bills weren't already solid at those positions. Taylor and his one play/game would have been well down the list and if he were a Bill I would plug him in at weakside 'backer because he's too big a kitty to play End.

I'm lmfao at your over-rated hype description of JT.....there are very few players who make plays from the DE position at crucial times during a football game, plays that change momentum and seal wins when they are in the balance....JT is one of those players....

Now I'm the one lmfao. If you consider a sack in the first series of the 1st qrtr to be a "crucial time" and one that changes momentum and seals wins, then I am in complete agreement that Taylor is a clutch player. However if like most people you consider the 4thqrtr to be a little more important, then Taylor is none of the things you claim. He is however a master of the 4thqrtr Houdini, as few players can match his eye-dropping disappearing act.

Here's a few numbers for you:

Q: How many of Taylor's sacks came on 1st down?

A: Over 1/3 of his sacks came on 1stdown. What momentum changers those were!

Q: How many of Jason Taylor's tackles for loss came in crunch time?

A: Of Taylor's 7 TFL, 5 of them came in a RB's first 5 carries, 2 of them in the back's next 10 carries, and exactly 0 of them came after a RB's 15th carry. Way to seal that win Jason!

Q: How many of Taylors sacks came in the 4th qrtr of close games (within 3pts)?

A: Exactly 1 of his 13 sacks came at that clutch time. Look at all of those crucial plays!

btw, 1.5 good years??? puh-lease.....JT has been a stud in ther NFL since day 1...

Props to Taylor for his 2002 season and the second half of 2003 when he actually seemed to show some heart for the first time in his career. Aside from that year and a half, he's been nothing more than a media creation who made one eye-catching athletic play/game, ususally in the first qrtr.

Give it up D, your hero is a zero.

Cya

We'll just have to agree to disagree Simon, or at least wait and see. I think Ogun is a good LDE, but he's definitely made to look better by being on that D-line. Just because Denney (who admittedly isn't as good a DE as Ogun) hasn't looked as good playing with the Bills' D-line doesn't mean Ogun is great. And Taylor had 14.5 sacks the year before Ogun arrived in Miami, and like Taylor helped Ogun, Ogun helped Taylor lead the NFL in sacks in 2002. As for Booker, again his numbers declined last year, but he also had Kordell Stewart throwing to him. I hope you're right that he's in decline, but again I'll wait and see on that.

Archived