Offensive Line.......?

Frez

Is it better?  Probably but how much?

Name our best O lineman and them tell me if we even have a "good" line.  They all might end up being "good" with Peters being very good.  They might.

We still have a below average OL until they are not.  Sounds stupid but it is true.

721564[/snapback]

Like NYD with Glenn Parker and Dusty as big conributors under JMac a lot depends on who well they play together.

I think we will see on the how much question, but whether this is walking before your run or crawling before you walk, I think it is clear that the starting talent is moving in the correct direction.

My GUESS is that it will be fairly fast initially as:

Reyes (NC wanted to move to Mathis last year but could not because of the OL's performance as a whole and Reyes performance in that result) was a solid NFL starter last year,

Fowler (the Vikes got better moving from Withrow to Fowler under Culpepper and pulled off 6 straights wins with Fowler snapping to Johnson, an coincidentally I would guess lost the playoffs coinciding with Fowler going down to injury) was a good NFL starter in long episodes though not a full season last year.

Peters (highly touted by JMac as a propspect) was at least adequate as a starter in his few appearances.

Villariial (solid starter in the past but getting a little long in the tooth) is a good NFL starter while he lasts.

Gandy (the biggest surprise last year as he proved to be adequate for 16 games) is an adequate starter last year.

Given 2 of the 5 starters last year (MW and Anderson) proved to be substandard players and that Teague had some good moments but could be bullrushed off the line, I think it is not unreasonable at all to expect this OL to start off as quite adequate and maybe even a little better, but the back-up issues are uncertain at best and actually quite problematic and likely it will get bad unless something extraprdinary and unusual happens,

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic