Theismann rips Argos for Williams move

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lest theismann forget, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. he went through an epic divorce in the 1980s that revealed him to be an loathesome cad (as some may recall, he had cathy lee crosby waiting in the wings). of course, that isn't against nfl rules, but for him to condemn anyone for what is basically a minor transgression in the grand scheme of things just shows how much of a hypocrite he is.

700966[/snapback]

Dave, you pointed this out before I could. :D

Anyone remember the night that LT landed on his leg, that Cathy Lee Crosby came out onto the field to see Theismann? The crowd at RFK actually BOOED her when she ran out. It was actually quite funny.

I don't know if CLC and JT are still together...or if they ever got married. But, I've taken Theismann with a grain of salt ever since.

Mike

The Argos' response:

Fans got a rise out of a vignette in the second that made fun of former Toronto quarterback Joe Theismann' condemnation of the club's signing Williams.

On Tuesday, Theismann called the move a "feeble excuse" by Toronto to sell tickets, lashed out at Williams and said he was ashamed to have worn the club's old A emblem on his helmet.

During a stoppage in play Friday, a video ran on the Jumbotron showing Theismann wearing a helmet with the A emblem. Suddenly, a giant pencil appeared and rubbed out the A, after which the worlds Happy Now Joe appeared, again drawing solid applause.

CP story

Good stuff.

Didn't the Argo's or somebody do some video thing taking a shot at Thiesman? I saw part of it on the highlights when I was at a bar on Saturday before the Argo's game Highlights but couldn't hear the sound since they had it turned off (for really loud and crappy dance music)

It was basically a photo of JT with an argo helmet and a guys hand holding a pencil (eraser side down) started erasing the big "A" from the side of the helmet, when they were done the screen just said "Is that better Joe?"