Toronto Raptors win first draft pick in lottery

millbank

If Buffalo had an NBA team you guys wouldn't be bashing the NBA at all, unless, of course, we sucked. The playoffs have been outstanding. Yesterday's Mavs/Suns game was awesome. And the ratings for the NBA across the country are going through the roof.

697820[/snapback]

Seriously, I'm not a huge fan anymore, but I don't understand this need people have to tell everybody they don't care everytime an NBA thread is started...nobody cares that you don't care. I doubt anybody cares that I don't care about American Idol, so I don't open the thread.

Seriously, I'm not a huge fan anymore, but I don't understand this need people have to tell everybody they don't care everytime an NBA thread is started...nobody cares that you don't care.  I doubt anybody cares that I don't care about American Idol, so I don't open the thread.

697841[/snapback]

I am particularly impressed by the 371 "The NBA sucks. I haven't watched a game in eight years" posts.

Horrible coach.  In 2000-01, Thomas led the Pacers (fresh off a 56-26 record and an appearance in the NBA Finals under Larry Bird) to a 41-41 record.  He followed that up with a 42-40 record in 2001-02, and 48-34 in 2002-03.

His replacement, Rick Carlisle, led the team to a 61-21 record the very next season.

That's a 15-game swing when he arrived and a 13-game swing when he left.

Don't forget, he ran the CBA into the ground.  The league went bankrupt and folded under his watch.  Couple all of that with the horrendous decisions he's made as Knicks GM, plus one sexual harassment claim from a former Knicks staffer, and it's amazing they pay this guy.  The funniest part is, he continues to make trades that are worse than the one before.  It's become comical.

697018[/snapback]

And hopefully he never leaves the Knicks. It's so nice having the NY media not give a damn about basketball anymore.

I believe the Bulls get next year's 1st round Knicks pick as well, which should be another top 3 pick.

697829[/snapback]

I think they have the ability to swap 1st round picks next year. Which should still work out great for the Bulls, especially if Brown is gone and Thomas is coaching.