Sick @ Yahoo got me thinking.

_BiB_

I see a lot more of it than is in the news. Question for the board. WTF is going to get accomplished by the "insurgents" (this really isn't insurgents, but we won't go there)? US engineers have rebuilt the same power plants 3 and 4 times at this point.

What do you think the goals are here, and how is blowing up your own people and your own infrastructure going to get you anywhere.

I get sort of baffled with the tactics. Even if the Jihadists and Baathists succeed in getting the US out, and prohibit democracy from occurring in favor of the totalitarian Islamic regime-don't they think they'll need electricity and running water? Blowing up a bunch of kids just trying to get some candy isn't going to go well with the masses (who you never hear from, BTW).

This all seems kind of screwed up.

BiB, the only thing I can offer is to look at the Taliban and Afghanistan. Afghanistan was such a security mess that the people were willing to accept the Taliban just to restore some sense of security. AQ is looking for a new home base and they see vulnerability/potential for the same situation in Iraq. Insurgency can be and has been handled by giving a political voice to those who feel they are being left out. But AQ will only be appeased when they control the nation. Iraq will likely be a protracted battle, and despite partisan bickering no one should doubt deep down inside that this is a major battle in the war on terror.

Well, at best I'll guess there is no opinion. At the norm, it doesn't fit John Kerry anything is better than Bush.

Not an easy question, is it?

And y'all understand the issues so well. Just another chance. Tenny, Debbie, BRH...anybody?

And not invading Iraq is not going to wash. You either pick your poison now, or let your kids eat it.

Well, at best I'll guess there is no opinion. At the norm, it doesn't fit John Kerry anything is better than Bush.

Not an easy question, is it?

And y'all understand the issues so well. Just another chance. Tenny, Debbie, BRH...anybody?

And not invading Iraq is not going to wash. You either pick your poison now, or let your kids eat it.

51578[/snapback]

Well, I have an opinion. I just haven't got around to typing it yet. Too busy with busting ѕhit's chops...