JP is best suitable for the job

Sure, JP hasnt proven to be like Peyton Manning yet, but god last year was his 1st year playing and may I give to you Peyton Mannings rookie season stats? Peyton (1st overall a pick in the 1998 draft) started all 16 games and was 326-575 passing attempts with 3739 yards, 26 TD and 28 INT for a passer rating of 71.2. Losman (22nd overall pick in the 2004 draft) played 9 games and was 113-228 passing attempts with 1340 yards, 8 TD and 8 INT for a passer rating of 64.9. But JP has something Manning dosent, the ability to scramble, and sacramble well, averaging 5.0 yards/carry last season. That is huge in the NFL today because as you know its 10 yards for a 1st down. Holcomb has been in the league for 9 years and still and never has been a sure starter, always a very reliable smart vet. backup.

Sure, JP hasnt proven to be like Peyton Manning yet, but god last year was his 1st year playing and may I give to you Peyton Mannings rookie season stats? Peyton (1st overall a pick in the 1998 draft) started all 16 games and was 326-575 passing attempts with 3739 yards, 26 TD and 28 INT for a passer rating of 71.2. Losman (22nd overall pick in the 2004 draft) played 9 games and was 113-228 passing attempts with 1340 yards, 8 TD and 8 INT for a passer rating of 64.9. But JP has something Manning dosent, the ability to scramble, and sacramble well, averaging 5.0 yards/carry last season. That is huge in the NFL today because as you know its 10 yards for a 1st down. Holcomb has been in the league for 9 years and still and never has been a sure starter, always a very reliable smart vet. backup.

680273[/snapback]

We'll see how the training camp and the pre-season games works out, but

I'd think he will emerge as the starter.

Even though Marv has taken the 'savior' label off of him and opened up the competition, JP clearly has the opportunity to take this franchise on his back and begin to lead us toward the playoffs. I'm usually one of the people who's pretty quick to point out that he's not had much experience yet, but I think we're close to where he ought to be at least pulling Dilfers week in and week out. While he's not played as much as we'd have liked, he HAS had a good bit of exposure to the NFL now, and he's had a couple years of coaching and evaluation. That needs to translate into success on the field, and I think the first 6-8 games of 2006 need to show some growth in his play and his leadership.

If he can get his mind off how Favre looks in his shorts, I'm still behind him 100% (just so long as he's not behind me). Our defense needs to mimic what the Dolphins 'young' defense did when JJ gutted that team his first year, and JP needs to do his best Roethlisburger imitation.

680273[/snapback]

I am right with you and see many comparisons between Manning of his first year and JP last year. They are very similar players. Manning complete 56.7% of his passes and JP 49.6% of his.

Oh beside that JP will be almost as good. :doh:

I just rassing you dude. But they are very much alike. I know where you are going though and I believe Dick J needs to start JP in at least the first 6-8 games regardless of Marv's win now approach because he need time to see if he can develop in Buffalo. Bring in Nall later this season if Losman can lead the team and complete passes.

680273[/snapback]

I think it's JP's job to lose. He has had a year of experience so now is the time for him to continue to move forward and put together a string of good games.

Guest dog14787

680273[/snapback]

:P

I agree, being able to scramble is big in this day and age. Along with that Losman's accuracy is very good. He has an extremely strong arm, he's smart, works hard and is a very determined to do well in the NFL and he will.

With a half decent O-line he will only get better and better.

Sometimes a big game comes down to the last play. To be able to run or throw becomes huge.

Just ask the Horns!!!! :doh:

The Young's, Losman's , Vicks, they are the future of the NFL. :)

:)

I agree, being able to scramble is big in this day and age. Along with that Losman's accuracy is very good. He has an extremely strong arm, he's smart, works hard and is a very determined to do well in the NFL and he will.

With a half decent O-line he will only get better and better.

Sometimes a big game comes down to the last play. To be able to run or throw becomes huge.

Just ask the Horns!!!! :P

The Young's,  Losman's , Vicks, they are the future of the NFL. :D

680481[/snapback]

"Losman's accuracy is very good." I'm not sure which games you watched last year. College performance? :doh:

Guest dog14787
"Losman's accuracy is very good." I'm not sure which games you watched last year. College performance?  :lol:

680518[/snapback]

:P

Theres a difference between accuracy and making a mistake on the route or just not knowing his recievers well enough to get the timing down :doh:

How accurate is manning?

but if you watched him the first year as a starter you might question his accuracy. .

I say you, not me.

Anyone that makes assumptions based on the few games Losman played needs to rethink or get a brain so he can think!!!

I'm sick of people bashing the Bills!!!! Go join the dolphins forum or something!!!

Losmans the future QB for the Bills so get used to it or find another team!!!!

I suppose you think we had a great O-line last year so it has to be the QB's fault right? I'll bet you think Mcgahee is a terrible running back also!!!

GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

i think if losman can be the quarterback flutie was with a stronger arm than i would be very happy. jp has now where to go but up since he most definetly will improve especially with adequate o-line play. watch out for brad butler he has every thing you want in a rt or rg... i just predicting he will start opening day. he has will wolford written all over him. :lol:

680273[/snapback]

It's all there for the taking for JP in Buffalo...He just has to step up and take it...

The single thing JP MUST improve is his completion percentage...49% will forever be no where near cutting it in the NFL...ever...He HAS to start hitting WR's in stride more often and putting the Ball where his Receiver has a chance to make a Play...I'm hoping much of his erratic Passing was due to the 1st Year Starter jitters...But he HAS to get better in 2006 or he WILL be on the bench and on his way out of Buffalo all too soon...

That's the way I see this thing going...The Bills are not acting like they have a Franchise QB...They are not making the moves an NFL Team makes when they say, "We are going to Build around this Guy." Instead it's more like, "We Need to get better on Defense because we don't know what we have at QB." JP is going to have to step up his Game and show that he gives the Bills a chance every Sunday. And he's going to have to start doing that from his 1st series in the 1st Pre Season Game...He's going to have to show vast improvement in his ability to keep the chains moving by throwing better Passes. Otherwise I think it may be JP moving... out that is, as early as 2007... :lol: