Will troy vincent be released?

From what I've seen, Troy has lost speed from the perspective of a cb, but still has plenty of range for FS. This and his NFL experience make him still a useful player IMO.

Vincent is sticking around. He would count too much against the cap to release and with Clements still unsigned they need veteran leadership in the secondary to help the new picks along. Vincent is likely to spend another year or two with the Bills before he retires.

I agree with the majority of opinions here so far, there doesn't seem to be any real reason to release Troy. He has a low cap hit, a lot of experience, and is a valuable insurance policy against injury, seeing as he could fill in in an emergency at CB or if he loses the FS spot.

Is he worth keeping on the team?  He has not played in the new cover 2 scheme and is slow and not a hard hitter.  He also doesn't play special teams.

679848[/snapback]

why?

so he can be replaced by a 4th round draft pick in his rookie year. come on.

Vincent will be the starting FS at the start of the season.

I think the Bills are looking at this seriously. I thought the defense they are implementing called for aggressive speedy safeties, with range. Vincent may have the range and may still have the speed, but I don't see an aggression in his game or a willingness to step up into the box and lay the wood.

The bills have plenty of safeties besides Vincent...

Wire, Rob Lee (Europe), Leonhard, Woods, Bowen, and now Whittner & Simpson.

And plenty of corners...

McGee, Greer, Clements?, King, Youboty

I believe Vincent's fate all comes down to what happens with Clements.

From what I've seen, Troy has lost speed from the perspective of a cb, but still has plenty of range for FS. This and his NFL experience make him still a useful player IMO.

679880[/snapback]

That - and he may have to knock JP out for the season again to get Nall on the field :)