Do you think Nate Clements is a goner

Do you think Nate Clements days as a Buffalo Bills are really numbered as a result of the draft?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Nate Clements days as a Buffalo Bills are really numbered as a result of the draft?

• Yes
    • No

why, because we took a CB in the 3rd round. what a joke. Drarfting DBs is not the same as drafting CBs.

can the rookie start this year? NO.

Can McGee be the #1 this season? NO.

Which FA CB can we get to be the #1 CB next year? NONE.

Clements is not going anywhere.

i think he will be here for the 2006 season.

depending on how negotiations go for a new contract he might be traded during the seaon, which i know is very uncommon. i doubt that will happen.

if however they are unable to reach an extended agreement, yeah, i think he will be gone next offseason.

Guest BackInDaDay
Yes, I think he's gone next season

679419[/snapback]

Agree.

and you'll see the Bills draft a CB in the 1st to replace him.

679419[/snapback]

Only if Youboty wrecks a knee. ;)

BTW - Love your new avatar! :lol: Just think, a few years from now we'll be reading how other teams are implementing the Buffalo Cover-9 Defense. :D

Only if Youboty wrecks a knee.  ;)

BTW - Love your new avatar!  :lol:  Just think, a few years from now we'll be reading how other teams are implementing the Buffalo Cover-9 Defense.  :D

679425[/snapback]

hehe that's Afroman.

Changed the Sigline when I saw how the Bills draft unfolded.

Here is my take. The reason for taking two safetys is simple.

Clements is gone. Clements will not sign that tag.

Therefore Vincent will move back to corner and take Clements spot.

Ko Simpson will battle Baker for that FS spot and Whitner as the starting SS with Bowen backing him up.

Youbouty than will have a shot at the nickel position, battling with Eric King and Greer.

Here is my take. The reason for taking two safetys is simple.

Clements is gone. Clements will not sign that tag.

Therefore Vincent will move back to corner and take Clements spot.

Ko Simpson will battle Baker for that FS spot and Whitner as the starting SS with Bowen backing him up.

Youbouty than will have a shot at the nickel position, battling with Eric King and Greer.

679478[/snapback]

What does the new CBA have to say about reusing the franchise tag?  I think if we want to trade him, we have to do it now.

679545[/snapback]

If he doesn't sign the tag, he sits and makes $0. Next year he sits again until he signs the tag. I not sure why folks are freaking out about this. NO franchise player gets tagged and signs a longer term a month or 2 later. They are typically hold outs. This really isn't surprising at all.

If I'm reading into this poll correctly, twice the number of people think that now that we have drafted a fist full of DBs (mostly underclassmen) that keeping Clements isn't critical to our defense any more?

IMO, that is incredibly short-sighted.

If we do lose him, then I hope it's a money issue rather than decision made based on being comfortable with what we currently have.