Nice Quotes from ML and TM

EC-Bills

Marv Levy:

"It was calculated," Levy said of the McCargo trade. "It would've been 15 picks further and we didn't see many other people on the board rated (higher), and it's a primary need for a lot of teams. We felt the risk was more than we wanted to take, because we did have him targeted. ... If it's interpreted as a reach, that's fine."

And most importantly to me Tom Modrak:

"It's different strokes for different folks," said Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak when asked about the draftniks' predictions. "We like to think our lists are in proper order."

I was slightly shook up yesterday, until I had to leave around 5pm and heard Marv on NFL Radio - basically said the same thing as above. Maybe he's doing damage control, but I feel confident that he drafted the guys that he wanted.

I think the Bills draft as a whole was pretty good.I was shocked by the Whitner pick...The more i look at it though and someone else here mentioned it...Detroit was going to nab him.They went safety in the 2nd.Anywhoo...i think the Yoboty and Simpson picks are going to make many a Bills fan smile in a year or two..

I really do like the draft at the end of the day. Whittner and Simpson give us a young fast safety combo that Buffalo has been lacking for a very long time. If you look at all the top teams they have very good safety's and I think these two players will complement eachother very well if not this year then next. Whittner was seen as a middle first round guy and Simpson was rated as a late first early second round guy. Yubuto was rated as a mid to late first, and McCargo was rated as an early 2nd round guy that was moving up draft boards. If you look at it like this and see how we filled our needs with players that fit our scheme perfectly you have to be somewhat happy about the draft. The only problem is the fact that our offensive line didn't get any help through this draft. But I guess the Bills are thinking they have upgraded enough for this year. They got a starter on a playoff Carolina team in Reyes to play LG and they got a starter on a 9-7 team in Flower to play Center. Peters gets a full training camp to work at RT so you'de have to think that he can improve termendously, and Chris V. coming back to play RG. That leaves Mike Gandy to play LT again. Not exactly thrilled with that, but I guess LT will have to wait another offseason.

Overall, this could turn out to be an interesting draft. No doubt ESPN and all the mags are going to grade the Bills poorly - and on the surface we deserve it. Maybe, after looking at tape of 2005, Marv and Dick think this team is not as dire as it would appear and that with the free agent additions the Bills will be a stronger team than last year. The draft is looking not to this season, but to next. Secorndary player always take a season to develop and linemen need time to adjust to NFL speed. 2006 = 8-8, 2007 12-4. Just my opinion

Marv Levy:

And most importantly to me Tom Modrak:

678774[/snapback]

Nonsense! Haven't you heard they suck!!! :lol:

Singlehandedly, both of those "draft experts" have doomed this franchise and will be the reason why they move to LA. :lol:

Overall, this could turn out to be an interesting draft.  No doubt ESPN and all the mags are going to grade the Bills poorly - and on the surface we deserve it.  Maybe, after looking at tape of 2005, Marv and Dick think this team is not as dire as it would appear and that with the free agent additions the Bills will be a stronger team than last year.  The draft is looking not to this season, but to next.  Secorndary player always take a season to develop and linemen need time to adjust to NFL speed.  2006 = 8-8, 2007 12-4.  Just my opinion

678867[/snapback]

So, I guess there's no charge for Bills tickets this year...Yay....They're going to be handing out free tickets at OBD...Who have they got that they can hang a marketing campaign on this year... I don't see any box office draw at all!!

Nonsense!  Haven't you heard they suck!!!    :lol: 

Singlehandedly, both of those "draft experts" have doomed this franchise and will be the reason why they move to LA.    :lol:

678909[/snapback]

You're right, what was I thinking?!? You know what? The more I think about it, the more I believe the Bills will screw up trying to move to LA as well. Goodbye Buffalo Bills, hello Alaska Igloos! :angry:

So, I guess there's no charge for Bills tickets this year...Yay....They're going to be handing out free tickets at OBD...Who have they got that they can hang a marketing campaign on this year... I don't see any box office draw at all!!

678922[/snapback]

To hell with Box Office..that was TD's claim to fame.Give me FOOTBALL players i could give a damn about the name game.