If Kiper knew anything he'd be an NFL GM

Want an example that Kiper knows nothing? He had Yobouty as a 1st round pick. He was not, he was a 3rd round pick. Had roles been reversed, with Kiper doing the drafting and the NFL teams the criticizing.....kiper would have drafted him in the 1st round, and the teams would have laughed at him (all 31!) saying this was a reach, b/c the player is a 3rd rounder.

I stopped caring what Kiper says long ago. He is a blow hard, doesn't know much. And they guy Mort, who is best friends with Tommy Don-the-ho, obviously has an axe to grind now with the bills, so cross him off the list.

Gil Brandt, who i trust way more than kiper (brandt was ran the scouting sept for the cowboys for like 20 yrs), had McCargo was rated right alongside Bunkley and Nata. AND, he had Whitner rated as the #1 safety.

Oh, and Brandt didn't have Yobouty in his top 7 for CBs, unlike Kiper who had him as a 1st rounder.

So unless you have the list of all the teams draft boards, you can't take kiper's (or others in the media) as the determination of value.

If Kiper knew anything he'd be an NFL GM

I think I remember him stating that ESPN pays him more than teams would to be a GM and he has a lot more job security. He certainly has the gift of gab and he does what ESPN needs from him. That being said, his draft analysis can get annoying. How 'bout we see the players in the league before we grade every teams draft.

Want an example that Kiper knows nothing? 

677370[/snapback]

He certainly knows how to make money! Why would you want to be an NFL GM with all the stress when you can make more doing what he does? Exactly who is smarter?