Day one of the draft...

I have to admit I was friggin suprised by the 1st 2 picks. Mike Mayock from NFL network called the Whitner pick in his Mock yesterday and I thought he was smokin something.

Alot of people here wanted McCargo in the 2nd anyway and I am not disappointed with any of our 3 picks. I thought they could have traded down and got more picks but who knows. Apparently he fits our new scheme to a tee.

I wasn't real upset with the trade up (it essentially cost us 1 3rd rounder) the Steelers got a much worse deal one pick earlier. Nobody can really judge a draft until a few years down the line. To say it was really that good or bad is foolish.

These are definetley not the players I would have picked but I am also not naive enough to think that I would have done a better job. Passing on Winston Justice was not popular but probably better in the long run.

Time to welcome these new guys to the Bills. After all if it bothers you that bad go cheer for the Eagles...they got who most people on this board wanted. :lol:

I have to admit I was friggin suprised by the 1st 2 picks. Mike Mayock from NFL network called the Whitner pick in his Mock yesterday and I thought he was smokin something.

Alot of people here wanted McCargo in the 2nd anyway and I am not disappointed with any of our 3 picks. I thought they could have traded down and got more picks but who knows. Apparently he fits our new scheme to a tee.

I wasn't real upset with the trade up (it essentially cost us 1 3rd rounder) the Steelers got a much worse deal one pick earlier. Nobody can really judge a draft until a few years down the line. To say it was really that good or bad is foolish.

These are definetley not the players I would have picked but I am also not naive enough to think that I would have done a better job. Passing on Winston Justice was not popular but probably better in the long run.

Time to welcome these new guys to the Bills. After all if it bothers you that bad go cheer for the Eagles...they got who most people on this board wanted.  :lol:

677058[/snapback]

I'm actually excited to see if we can grab a decent player with our 4th rd pick tomorrow.....I'm hoping we grab Ko Simpson, but there appears to be some players with potential left for the taking.

Time to welcome these new guys to the Bills. After all if it bothers you that bad go cheer for the Eagles...they got who most people on this board wanted.  :lol:

677058[/snapback]

I wanted Bunkley, i'm not afraid to say it. But now that i have done a little more research on Whitner I think he will have the potential to make an impact this year. I agree with you that those people who are not willing to get behind these rookies should go cheer for someone else.

We are Bills fans dammit! Although negative, we can always find some positives worth accentuating on. I mean hell, a year ago we all thought that Donahoe was great.

I'm actually excited to see if we can grab a decent player with our 4th rd pick tomorrow.....I'm hoping we grab Ko Simpson, but there appears to be some players with potential left for the taking.

677068[/snapback]

I don't mean to offend, seeing as we both were anti that guy comparing this draft to Sept. 11th, but i think Ko Simpson is not that good, and i think the only reason that he has lasted this long is because there is something wrong with him. We already have our safeties and i think that we need to focus on the o-line and a pass rushing DE.

I don't mean to offend, seeing as we both were anti that guy comparing this draft to Sept. 11th, but i think Ko Simpson is not that good, and i think the only reason that he has lasted this long is because there is something wrong with him. We already have our safeties and i think that we need to focus on the o-line and a pass rushing DE.

677078[/snapback]

Well, he may NOT be that good.....all I can tell you is that I've seen a few of his games and he was all over the place. The guy I saw play is the kind of guy I'd love to have on the Bills. But if what I saw were just his best games, and the rest of the time he sucks, then so be it. I just am one of those people who puts more stock in game play than I do the combine measurables, you know? But even though I'm not nearly as familiar with the players that are left as many others are, it sure looks like they have some talent left to pick from tomorrow.....I really wish Marv could have gotten a 4th for Moulds instead of that 5th, but who knows....maybe we'll find someone in the 5th, too :lol:

Well, he may NOT be that good.....all I can tell you is that I've seen a few of his games and he was all over the place. The guy I saw play is the kind of guy I'd love to have on the Bills. But if what I saw were just his best games, and the rest of the time he sucks, then so be it. I just am one of those people who puts more stock in game play than I do the combine measurables, you know? But even though I'm not nearly as familiar with the players that are left as many others are, it sure looks like they have some talent left to pick from tomorrow.....I really wish Marv could have gotten a 4th for Moulds instead of that 5th, but who knows....maybe we'll find someone in the 5th, too :)

677092[/snapback]

Biggest wishlist tomorrow...OT, OT, OT, after that...go for best available player...Guard was handled in free agency (Reyes), center was handled in free agency (Fowler), we got 2 new DT's (Tripplett & McCargo) and we got our SS and nickel back..

Biggest wishlist tomorrow...OT, OT, OT, after that...go for best available player...Guard was handled in free agency (Reyes), center was handled in free agency (Fowler), we got 2 new DT's (Tripplett & McCargo) and we got our SS and nickel back..

677102[/snapback]

OTs are sapped. Much better depth elsewhere. Need a guard, Reyes won't solve anything. Definitely need another DT, a widebody that can play the nose/1-tech. Nickelback will still be King. Youboty has upside but is a project.

Time to welcome these new guys to the Bills. After all if it bothers you that bad go cheer for the Eagles...they got who most people on this board wanted.  :)

677058[/snapback]

Why do you think passing on Winston Justice is probably better in the long run?