Ko Simpson

ajzepp

lol....well I don't think a killer secondary can make up for D-line weaknesses as much as the reverse holds true, but I love the fact that we have some real playmakers in our secondary. These (hopefully) aren't the Pierson Prioleau, Travares Tillman, Kirby Jackson type of players.....these are (hopefully) game changers.

678282[/snapback]

Hopefully.

But history shows that rookie DBs typically make a LOT of mistakes that break games.

Brady Quinn in 07.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully.

But history shows that rookie DBs typically make a LOT of mistakes that break games.

Brady Quinn in 07.

678290[/snapback]

That's why I'm in favor of demoting or cutting one Troy Vincent. I'd rather throw Ko out there and let him screw up this year as opposed to later on. Same with Youtoby, though that will depend on what we do with Nate.

third year sophomore from South Carolina...didn't Spurrier have some NCAA violations!!

678302[/snapback]

Ko was recruited by Mr. Lou Holtz....that's part of the reason why I like him so much

Man, looking at his highlight reel on Yahoo, this guy looks to have great size.

I also love all of the things that having a safety named KO brings to the NFL Primetime highlights!

I would second the motion to bring back the number 32 to throw on Mr Simpson :)

Lou Holtz?!?!

:)

LOL

That guy was a mess.

678310[/snapback]

Lou Holtz rebuilt that program! The defense they put together at SC was pretty damn good, man! John Henderson was a friggin BEAST....still is!

Man, looking at his highlight reel on Yahoo, this guy looks to have great size.

I also love all of the things that having a safety named KO brings to the NFL Primetime highlights!

I would second the motion to bring back the number 32 to throw on Mr Simpson :)

678316[/snapback]

Just think of what NFL films can do with "Guy Whimper".

Rookie DTs can definitely make a difference. Same with DEs.

Julius Peppers comes to mind.

678298[/snapback]

Ah, so cite perhaps the best DE since Bruce Smith as your case study? Brilliant.

Go back and look through draft history. It's generally at least two seasons before lineman play at a high level and most of the time it's three - especially when they're joining an organization that struggles. Guys like Seymour contribute faster because the team around them is significantly better.

The thing that's interesting to me is that the Patriots have only picked one lineman on either side of the ball in this draft. It's not as though they don't have needs there (especially on the offensive side).

Ah, so cite perhaps the best DE since Bruce Smith as your case study?  Brilliant.

Go back and look through draft history.  It's generally at least two seasons before lineman play at a high level and most of the time it's three - especially when they're joining an organization that struggles.  Guys like Seymour contribute faster because the team around them is significantly better.

The thing that's interesting to me is that the Patriots have only picked one lineman on either side of the ball in this draft.  It's not as though they don't have needs there (especially on the offensive side).

678326[/snapback]

Even playing backups, the Pats OL was FAR superior to the Bills OL. I don't think anyone can argue that.

Ah, so cite perhaps the best DE since Bruce Smith as your case study?  Brilliant.

Go back and look through draft history.  It's generally at least two seasons before lineman play at a high level and most of the time it's three - especially when they're joining an organization that struggles.  Guys like Seymour contribute faster because the team around them is significantly better.

The thing that's interesting to me is that the Patriots have only picked one lineman on either side of the ball in this draft.  It's not as though they don't have needs there (especially on the offensive side).

678326[/snapback]

Brewski is playing iron man this year. Starting tackle.

(We're not worthy...)

Even playing backups, the Pats OL was FAR superior to the Bills OL. I don't think anyone can argue that.

678330[/snapback]

Mostly because their QB actually knows where to throw the ball and their scheme actually has some semblence of cohesion. But we can pretend it's some kind of gigantic talent difference, so you can keep up your ridiculous negativity.

Mostly because their QB actually knows where to throw the ball and their scheme actually has some semblence of cohesion.  But we can pretend it's some kind of gigantic talent difference, so you can keep up your ridiculous negativity.

678346[/snapback]

Quiet.

He's rolling.

Where's Bill hiding out at, anyway? What fun is draft day if we can't pick on him?

Mostly because their QB actually knows where to throw the ball and their scheme actually has some semblence of cohesion.  But we can pretend it's some kind of gigantic talent difference, so you can keep up your ridiculous negativity.

678346[/snapback]

OK, so you're saying it's the fault of the dozen or so QBs that have played Behind the Bills OL since Kelly that have caused the problems of the OL?

Right. Talk about using some delusional thinking to keep up a ridiculous positivity.

The Pats OL gave up 26 sacks last year. The Bills OL gave up 42.

Debate that.

Hopefully.

Brady Quinn in 07.

678290[/snapback]

Rookie offensive lineman, with exception of guys like Ferguson, aren't ready to play as rookies. This team needs help now. Marv signed vets on the O-line--not sutds, but improvements. And he's signed guys who will play now on defense, whcih just to remind you, was one of the worst in the league last year.

Hey. The Bills picked a safety who fits the JSP size profile. Happy now?

Rookie offensive lineman, with exception of guys like Ferguson, aren't ready to play as rookies. This team needs help now. Marv signed vets on the O-line--not sutds, but improvements. And he's signed guys who will play now on defense, whcih just to remind you, was one of the worst in the league last year.

Hey. The Bills picked a safety who fits the JSP size profile. Happy now?

678375[/snapback]

Hehe

had they waited till 5 to pick a safety, yeah.

OK, so you're saying it's the fault of the dozen or so QBs that have played Behind the Bills OL since Kelly that have caused the problems of the OL?

Right. Talk about using some delusional thinking to keep up a ridiculous positivity.

The Pats OL gave up 26 sacks last year. The Bills OL gave up 42.

Debate that.

678356[/snapback]

You're right Joe, I'm positive. That's why I keep calling the BILLS a bad football team. :)

But we can pretend that bad QB play doesn't have anything to do with offensive line play. Which explains why Drew Bledsoe didn't get sacked a 50 times in Dallas, despite having a HOF coach who preaches run first and OLine play?

Call me crazy for thinking it would make sense that a bad team that started a rookie QB half the time would have more sacks than a playoff team starting a veteran Pro Bowl QB who actually plays at that level on a consistant basis.

And yes, we've had bad QB play since Kelly left. That's not exactly a secret.

Common sense, not so common.