back ups

Bennie Anderson

Duke Preston

Greg Jerman

Justin Geisinger

Aaron Gibson

It's better than last years line up already.  :lol:

676643[/snapback]

I agree with your assessment of what we with JMac's leadership hope to do. I think it is unlikely this starting crew will be sufficient, but it is possible in that I actually think this crew is more talented than the NYG crew led by Glenn Parker and Dusty Ziegler that JMac coached into a SB worthy crew.

I see the prob as being Plan B as our back-ups do not strike me as good enough to step up as will almost certainly be necessary due to injury or inadequate starter play.

I think Gandy was adeqate (at best) at LT last year but we have no credible back-up even with shifting positions.

Actually, LG is probably the position with most depth with the shift of Preston there, acquisition of Reyes and better (though still inadequate) play by Anderson last year in the last 5 games of 05.

Fowler is someone I regretted we did not draft years ago and he lost the starters job after stepping in for the injured starter and not being worth the cap hit he would get from the market not to start. Geisinger however is unproven and I am more comfortable with Preston as back-up.

A plan B at RG us essential since though I think Villarial is a solid player he is well into the backside of his career and will likely miss a couple of starts this year due to nicks and injury, It is doubtful this hole can filled through the draft anyway after the first couple of rounds so FA is it.

Peters looks to be the real deal but there is no solid back-up here eother/

The draft is a crapshoot anyway and the second day is all about development project that will not serve us on the OL in 06 anyway so I think it is FA at best for useful OL help.