Just say NO to "pancakes and syrup!"

I've been trying, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the hell you posted this. Prescription drugs, taken other than as prescribed can be dangerous... no sh--.

Xanax is a wonderful drug for those who need it, don't overuse it, and realize that it shouldn't be taken mixed with certain other drugs.

As far as never being drunk and not seeing the thrill behind it because you saw roomates coming home stumbling? Well, those are what we call the girls that had FUN in college, made friends, and to this day say "Oh, I miss the college days!". Holy sh--, loosen up. Maybe this is why Junior made his way directly from 8th grade to the juvy home -- his mom just needed a drink.

Weed? Well, I don't do it anymore (personal choice that I woudn't try to preach onto a internet message board) but when I did, it was some good times. And: No Hangover!!!

And your doctor is wrong. Benzos by themselves can be VERY dangerous (see: addictive). Of course, adding a bottle of Robitussen to it would proooobably make it a touch worse. Again: NO sh--!

Thanks for the PSA, but please don't ever do it again.

674083[/snapback]

Well, I'm sorry you didn't find this useful, but probably some others did. I know there are parents of teens here and prescription drug abuse rates are rising.

As for being drunk being "fun," not a good idea for young women, or women in general, since this is when a lot of sexual assaults take place -- when one or both of the parties are substance-impaired. I don't know if you have any children, nieces, nephews, etc., but would you think it's amusing to see them stumbling around drunk, or worse, driving around drunk?

I hope not.

I don't know if you have any children, nieces, nephews, etc., but would you think it's amusing to see them stumbling around drunk, or worse, driving around drunk?

I hope not.

674170[/snapback]

I just became an uncle for the first time 5 months ago. I've already said, in 18 years, I'll be taking him out for beers.

Better to be there for him (or my own children) when they need a ride home & hope I've raised them to know not to have to hide it from me. Raise your kids and tell them they CAN'T drink only means that when they finally rebel (which they WILL) they go NUTS. For me, with my parents, it was always "No matter where you are, what time is, etc, call us if you need a ride". When you tell your kids they better not get drunk, they end up in juvenile homes.....

So, no offense, but from the posts I've seen from you in the past about your kid, taking parenting advise from you seems like taking vocabulary lessons from the President.