Players we have no chance in getting,

SoCal

Ahh, i see, kinda like top 5 OT's, huh? they all will be busts.

Oh, i meant to add, D'Brick knows how and likes ot play piano, so he's obviously going to be a bust who doesnt have the desire to play football. Why the hell would we want a well rounded player thats made the most of an opportunity in getting free college education. I onyl want o-linmen that eat raw steak, frighten little children,  and run head first into walls in their spare time.

670135[/snapback]

If Brickashaw falls to the #8 spot, throw out this best player available nonsense. Because he then is not - if any LT is such, he will go very high.

That would be a dream scenario!!

Hawk would instantly make this defense a #1 unit again--out LB core of Spikes, Fletcher, and Hawk could more than make up for a make-shift defensive line.

670068[/snapback]

It eould be a dream scenario and I desperately hope Hawk falls to 8, cause if he does we would be in a great position to trade down to the mid first and get max value from seem trading up to get Hawk.

I also think that hawk is a great player who should start immediately whereever he is drafted. However, Bills fans should not fool themselve into thinking that he fits nicely into the Bills line-up in Posey;s pot.

The Bills extended Crowell's contract after he did a fairly good job making the jump for his back-up ML slot to take TKO's spot when he went down. The Bills also extended the contracts of Haggan and Stamer giving us 6 NFL vet LBs under contract for 06 TKO, Fletch, Crowell, Posey, Haggan, Stamer), 4 of whom sre former NFL starters (TKO, Fletch, Crowell, Posey), and 4 of whom are signed beyond 06 (TKO, Crowell, Stamer, Haggan.

Quality of play is obviously a big issue and Hawk looks good there, but contract obligations and cap hit are also real issues that the Bills cannot simply ignore and any fan who watches football and is serious about it needs to acknowledge and describe a scenario where this issue is dealt with rather than just ignored in order for that thought to be taken seriously.

The irony is here is that as great a player as Hawk appears to be, if he is drafted he likely sets back development of this team at least this year if not two.

Not only will his acquisition force us to sit millions of dollars in salry on the bench (and we all know how much Ralph hates to do this), but by taking him at #9 we leave the holes in the starting line-up which need to be filled dealth with by picking lower round talent.

I hope Hawk drops and I hope we get resources that will really help build this team if he does drop.

It eould be a dream scenario and I desperately hope Hawk falls to 8, cause if he does we would be in a great position to trade down to the mid first and get max value from seem trading up to get Hawk.

I also think that hawk is a great player who should start immediately whereever he is drafted. However, Bills fans should not fool themselve into thinking that he fits nicely into the Bills line-up in Posey;s pot.

The Bills extended Crowell's contract after he did a fairly good job making the jump for his back-up ML slot to take TKO's spot when he went down. The Bills also extended the contracts of Haggan and Stamer giving us 6 NFL vet LBs under contract for 06 TKO, Fletch, Crowell, Posey, Haggan, Stamer), 4 of whom sre former NFL starters (TKO, Fletch, Crowell, Posey), and 4 of whom are signed beyond 06 (TKO, Crowell, Stamer, Haggan.

Quality of play is obviously a big issue and Hawk looks good there, but contract obligations and cap hit are also real issues that the Bills cannot simply ignore and any fan who watches football and is serious about it needs to acknowledge and describe a scenario where this issue is dealt with rather than just ignored in order for that thought to be taken seriously.

The irony is here is that as great a player as Hawk appears to be, if he is drafted he likely sets back development of this team at least this year if not two.

Not only will his acquisition force us to sit millions of dollars in salry on the bench (and we all know how much Ralph hates to do this), but by taking him at #9 we leave the holes in the starting line-up which need to be filled dealth with by picking lower round talent.

I hope Hawk drops and I hope we get resources that will really help build this team if he does drop.

670183[/snapback]

[/qu

Disagree, first of all Crowell and Stamer were resigned for depth and special teams and nothing more. Secondly Posey is at the end of his rope right now and Fletcher although he is our best defensive player is going to count big time against the cap.

Spikes is coming off a career altering injury, who knows when we will see him back to form. Hopefully sooner than later.

Hawk would not sit the bench at all, this is brand new system for all the defensive players not just Hawk. Alot of rookie LB's start see Ray Lewis, Lavar, Merriman, Porter, Urlacher I can go on and on. Hawk is definetly in their league. If we draft him you can say goodbye to Posey.

As far as the DL and OL goes we have plenty of picks and this is a very deep draft. We will plug the holes sooner than later.

We say it all the time take the best player there and not reach for a need. And LB is a need for us one LB, just like one DL or OL will not cut it.

670183[/snapback]

The problem is, you are saying if we draft him, we will be left with picking talent for other positions by picking lower level talent, Yet you would rather trade the pick away for more picks. All that is doing is giving us more lower level talent to try to fill holes with, and no upper level talent that we could have had solidify atleast one spot. (this is not a for or against drafting of Hawk, I sort of agree with your reasoning above that the Bills already have a bunch of LB's we are already locked into contracts with. Weither they are better then Hawk, I don't know but we have a bunch that are well paid already, adding another will just cause Cap problems)

The problem is that alot of people are thinking that the draft is the only way to fix this team and that our 1st pick will automatically come onto this team and have a huge impact when in reality, that player could wind up a huge bust and our 7th round picks could become Pro Bowlers. We have an entire draft to select players who could help this team and thinking that because we didn't take player X or Player Y at #8, we're doomed. Alot can happen and no player should be ruled out as the Bills having no chance of drafting them.