My hypothesis about the offense

Rubes

...which is probably nothing more than wishful thinking, is that Mularkey and Co. have been looking at this week's game against New England the same way that Lovie and Co. in Chicago were looking at the Green Bay game. If nothing else, beat New England.

To do that, Mularkey and Co. believed that they need to keep as much of the offense as possible under wraps in order to have enough surprises up their collective sleeves when Billy and friends come to town.

The thinking, presumably, is that they felt we could use a fairly bland offense in the first two games against mediocre opponents and get away with it, at the very least being 1-1 when this year's first Pats showdown arrived.

Unfortunately, too many mistakes derailed that express, but at least they didn't show their hand too quickly. A multifaceted surprise offensive against the Pats defense could be enough to get this team back on track.

At least that's what I'm hoping. I expect to see some fireworks from the offense this week.

Well, at least some fireworks being lit. Whether or not they explode is another thing.

i've been thinking/hoping the same thing.

while i don't believe they purposefully tanked the 1st 2 games i do belive the O has been a work in progress to see what would formations etc. we work out of.

this wasn't completed in the pre season do to injuries.

unfortunately Drew has also looked bad for most of ther preseason and the 2st 2 games.

either that or we really suck and it will be a long year until JP starts playing.