For what it is worth, here's my mock draft.

If we stay at our current picks I do believe that these selections are reasonable and realistic.

1st rd/#8-Texas Safety Michael Huff. For many reasons. Best avail and a prominent need.

2nd rd/#42-Iowa ILB Abdul Hodge. London Fletcher's eventual successor.

3rd rd/#70-Texas OT Jonathan Scott. Worthy at this selection and our future permanent OT with McNally teaching the finer points of his position.

3rd rd/#73-Pittsburgh OG Charles Spencer. Same as Scott, the previous pick. With Peters, Scott and Spencer we will be formidable for years to come.

4th rd/#105-Northwestern DT Barry Cofield. We might be too late for this selection. A great value and a better fit for our current defensive scheme. A great compliment to Tripplett.

5th rd/#134-Oklahoma WR Travis Wilson. A huge WR with great intangibles. a very fair value at this selection.

5th rd/#143-Tulsa FB Garrett Mills. Fbs don't get drafted much sooner than the mid rds. He's rated one of the best, if not the best, FB in the draft. He replaces Shelton in 2007.

6th rd/#178-Arizona RB Mike Bell. Even if we do sign RB Jonathan Wells, this could be a nice back-up to MaGahee.

7th rd/#216-Akron WR Domenik Hixon. Here is where we convert a prospect's position to safety. I don't know what will happen with CB Nate Clements but with Huff being versatile, maybe Hixon could be our future SS. This is a gamble but this could land up paying a big dividend.

7th rd/#248-Louisville OT Travis Leffew. Another position but not as big. Shift him to the G position. Alot of upside, definitely a McNally project.

Any adds, changes or suggestions are welcomed.

I don't like the second rounder. Linebacker is not one of those positions where you have to "plan ahead" by drafting a replacement years in advance. If Fletcher leaves us one offseason, we'll draft a replacement THAT year in the second round and he can start right away. If you want to "groom" a replacement, make it a late round draft choice.

I don't think Spencer will be available in the third.

Cofield really doesn't fit all that well because he's not a great athlete. DT needs to be addressed much sooner. For example, take Claude Wroten in the second round over Hodge.

Why take ANY wide receivers at all, much less two of them?

And again, a RB? We have Shaud and Lionel Gates to backup Willis. There are many other pressing needs than a backup RB.

If we stay at our current picks I do believe that these selections are reasonable and realistic.

1st rd/#8-Texas Safety Michael Huff. For many reasons. Best avail and a prominent need.

2nd rd/#42-Iowa ILB Abdul Hodge. London Fletcher's eventual successor.

3rd rd/#70-Texas OT Jonathan Scott. Worthy at this selection and our future permanent OT with McNally teaching the finer points of his position.

3rd rd/#73-Pittsburgh OG Charles Spencer. Same as Scott, the previous pick. With Peters, Scott and Spencer we will be formidable for years to come.

4th rd/#105-Northwestern DT Barry Cofield. We might be too late for this selection. A great value and a better fit for our current defensive scheme. A great compliment to Tripplett.

5th rd/#134-Oklahoma WR Travis Wilson. A huge WR with great intangibles. a very fair value at this selection.

5th rd/#143-Tulsa FB Garrett Mills. Fbs don't get drafted much sooner than the mid rds. He's rated one of the best, if not the best, FB in the draft. He replaces Shelton in 2007.

6th rd/#178-Arizona RB Mike Bell. Even if we do sign RB Jonathan Wells, this could be a nice back-up to MaGahee.

7th rd/#216-Akron WR Domenik Hixon. Here is where we convert a prospect's position to safety. I don't know what will happen with CB Nate Clements but with Huff being versatile, maybe Hixon could be our future SS. This is a gamble but this could land up paying a big dividend.

7th rd/#248-Louisville OT Travis Leffew. Another position but not as big. Shift him to the G position. Alot of upside, definitely a McNally project.

Any adds, changes or suggestions are welcomed.

661717[/snapback]