Sabres tack on another win!!!

OMG..Danny Briere just worked him...man this Buffalo team scores some pretty pretty goals..

660563[/snapback]

Just too good to ignore. It's number 3 on SportsCenter's top 10 this morning.

It was a very satisfying win last night. The defense for the first time in weeks looked comfortable, which in turn made Miller shine. Kalinen ever looked like he wasn't thinking 4 thoughts at once.

49 wins.........ties team record.  I'm excited about the playoffs!

660581[/snapback]

Chef, while I am PUMPED for the playoffs, if they win another game I'm a gunna be pissed if they put then in as a Sabres Record. Well maybe pissed is a to strong a word. I just do not think and Shoot wins should count. Lordy, I hate that friggen concept.But guess what, no shootouts (at least for now) in the playoffs.

Haven't watched the last nights game yet, but want to see this Danny B move.

OHh Ahh Sabres one the ........

Any word yet on what night the Sabres will open up their playoff series?  Someone correct me if I am wrong...they play back to back games in Buffalo (a day between games) and then back to back games in Philly (or Jersey) with two nights between cities, to allow for travel, right?  Trying to clear up a few nights, so I can watch the playoff games live, instead of video!

660734[/snapback]

I believe the Sabres will start on Saturday night, assuming they have a home advantage. The playoffs start Friday, but there is a concert at HSBC on Fri night, so you'd have to assume Game 1 is Sat night.

I was at the game last night, as well as last Friday's game against Philly. The team, and especially Miller, looked much sharper. Ballsy move by Lindy to play Miller last Saturday in Ottawa after a sup-par showing the night before against the Flyers. It's clear he knows who he wants the #1 to be in the postseason.

The Sabres came out and absolutely dominated the first period...I don't know what the shots finished, but it was 14-3 at one point in the 1st. All the action was in the Habs end. Amazing how quick the Sabres looked after having three days off for the first time since the Olympics. Hell, one day off has been a miracle. They looked focused and fresh all game, it was good to see.

if they win another game I'm a gunna be pissed if they put then in as a Sabres Record. Well maybe pissed is a to strong a word. I just do not think and Shoot wins should count. Lordy, I hate that friggen concept.But guess what, no shootouts (at least for now) in the playoffs.

660752[/snapback]

I agree with what you are saying. I think that shootout wins should be listed in a seperate category in the standings. Winning via a shootout is not the same as winning on the ice.

It pisses me off that the Ranger fans around here keep saying that we split the season series. We won both of our games on the ice and they won both of theirs in a shootout. In my mind they never beat us this season. Also, we collected 6 out of a possible 8 points against them ... They only got 4. We kicked the Rangers asses this season and anyone who doesn't see it that way is just plain ignorant. This will be proven if we meet up in the playoffs when all games are decided on the ice ... as they should be.