McShay chat

Todd McShay just finished a chat on ESPN. I think the most interesting thing he had to say was that he thinks New Orleans really likes Hawk at two but would want to drop to 4 and take him there. The Jets haven't yet made a reasonable offer. That's the first I've heard of the Saints going for Hawk. He also says there's no way Brick falls to us.

But I'm getting a little lost. Say Hawk is top four, and the other top four are Bush, Leinart, and Young. He said that Ngata and Davis will probably go before us, leaving either Mario or Brick at 8, right?

Chris (Lacey, WA): Todd - NO is really the key to the draft at the #2 spot...what are they going to do with it?

Todd McShay: (1:24 PM ET ) You're spot on, Chris. Once we figure the Saints out, the rest of the picture becomes clearer. They will attempt to shop the pick but I'm not sure they'll get the value they are looking for at No. 2. I've spoken to a friend within the organization today and he says they have yet to receive a legitimate call regarding a trade. If a team trades in, it likely will be for QB Matt Leinart. If the Saints stay, the smart money is on DE Mario Williams. He doesn't fit a big need but he's the best available prospect. I know teh Saints love A.J. Hawk and they'd be happy to flip-flop with the Jets to get him, but they're struggling with the concept of drafting Hawk over Williams at 2.