Competition

There is a reason why Marv is bringing in all these players. It's all about the competition factor. They might not all be pro-bowlers but they all have contributed to other teams. They are bringing in guys who have a lot to prove if they want to stay in the league. Competition makes every player better. You can't let up for one day of practice or you might lose a job. No current player has a starting job yet.

That said, it is a make it or break it season for Losman. He can't be comfortable like he was last year when he knew he was the starter going into game one. Nall is making decent money and certainly will get his shot, but worst comes to worst, he is essentially being paid like an average veteran back up qb. I have a feeling Holcomb may be the odd man out if they cut someone. This offense will rely on speed and deep passing, which we all know isn't Holcomb's strong suit. I hope Losman realizes that it's his last chance in Buffalo and seizes it. They have gotten wrs that cater to his strengths.

All in all, I think Marv is doing a great job. Add to that we have potentially 10 or more rookies coming in. There is going to be competition all over the place. Training camp is gonna be great this summer. I'm also in favor of bringing in another establish running back to give Willis a little kick in the butt. Finally, Marv's bringing in character guys that will bring some displince that has been lacking lately. Character also can create chemistry, which is so underrated in football. Now, I'm not going to say the Bills are going to the playoffs this year. But they will play harder and smarter than last year Give them 2 years and this team will be competiting for the playoffs. Sorry for the long post but I'm beginning to love what Marv is doing. Trust in Marv.

P.S. If they suck, I will be the first one in here whining about what a crappy job Marv has done. :lol:

There is a reason why Marv is bringing in all these players.  It's all about the competition factor.  They might not all be pro-bowlers but they all have contributed to other teams.  They are bringing in guys who have a lot to prove if they want to stay in the league.  Competition makes every player better.  You can't let up for one day of practice or you might lose a job.  No current player has a starting job yet.

That said, it is a make it or break it season for Losman.  He can't be comfortable like he was last year when he knew he was the starter going into game one.  Nall is making decent money and certainly will get his shot, but worst comes to worst, he is essentially being paid like an average veteran back up qb.  I have a feeling Holcomb may be the odd man out if they cut someone.  This offense will rely on speed and deep passing, which we all know isn't Holcomb's strong suit.  I hope Losman realizes that it's his last chance in Buffalo and  seizes it.  They have gotten wrs that cater to his strengths.

All in all, I think Marv is doing a great job.  Add to that we have potentially 10 or more rookies coming in.  There is going to be competition all over the place.  Training camp is gonna be great this summer.  I'm also in favor of bringing in another establish running back to give Willis a little kick in the butt.  Finally, Marv's bringing in character guys that will bring some displince that has been lacking lately.  Character also can create chemistry, which is so underrated in football.  Now, I'm not going to say the Bills are going to the playoffs this year.  But they will play harder and smarter than last year Give them 2 years and this team will be competiting for the playoffs.  Sorry for the long post but I'm beginning to love what Marv is doing.  Trust in Marv. 

P.S.  If they suck, I will be the first one in here whining about what a crappy job Marv has done.  :lol:

658531[/snapback]

Thank you.....this is the first post that I read that actually took into consideration that none of these players signed have played here yet. We have no idea how they will pan out and this is why I responded. I will be the first to badmouth Levy if these signings don't pan out but until then lay off the guy! Give him a chance to put together a product that produces on the field. I for one would like to look at it optimistically, especially considering it is his FIRST go around at this!