2 more seasons of Simpsons

Chilly

It's the little things that are missing from the Simpsons. They used to be truly imaginative, coming up with fictional stand-ins for real life situations and institutions that they could really poke fun at -- in great detail -- everything in a scene and in the background was funny.

They also had a real knack for the absurd, like having Professor Frink come up with some ridiculous solution like the house on stilts in the cat-burglar episode or the giant robot bear for Mr. Burns. Now they just try to be so hip that it's really pathetic -- it shows in the guest stars, too, like bringing in an American Idol guest and actually centering the show on it -- doesn't touch bringing in James Woods to work at the Kwik-E-Mart for a character study.

They've just lost it. Completely. It's the writing -- their writers now are people who loved the show as kids/teens and they just don't have it AT ALL.

I echo the thoughts of others. I used to be able to count the laugh out loud moments of an episode on two hands. Now I can only count the LOL moments of an entire season on one.

And no, I haven't moved on. I still watch the repeats whenever I get a chance and still laugh at the same classic jokes.

But to each is own when it comes to humor. If enough people still find it funny to air it two more seasons then it doesn't bother me any.