Madden 2006 - Can the salary cap be turned off?

I received Madden 2006 for Gamecube as a present a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to accommodate the Bills' recent roster changes, but I keep getting snagged by the salary cap. I keep looking around, but I can't seem to find how to turn it off. Anyone know if it's possible?

Yeah it's in the options menu somewhere.  To me it's amazing that you're having problems with the cap because I'm always like 20 million under.

636367[/snapback]

You are right it shoudl be somewhere in the options. I have the same problem as you. there are virtually no good free agents because all of the team are way under the cap. I'm not sure why madden has been unable to correct this. I also hate how the omputer will not sign players to long term contracts. The longest i have seen the computer sign players is 4 years. Always, i have the highest paid players in the league after about offseason 7 or 8, when it comes to total contract value.

Also, another cap tidbit. Their algorithm for figuring out the cap # must have someting to do with the size of the contracts currently in your season of madden. The cap will increase 15 mil or so every season until all the big contracts have expired, say 6-7 years down the road. Then the cap will only increase about 3-4 mil every year, making things more interesting.

The problem with playing franchise mode that far is that all the players suck. The bell curve of player ratings narrows. I simmed to season 13, and there are 5 players in the league rated over a 90. But there are a slew of players rated between 77-83.