Do you think Steve Neal is a possibility?

I know that Reggie Wells has been tendered, but he is not the only answer to the o-line woes. With that being said, do you think Steve Neal is a possible signee?

634552[/snapback]

I think so. His signing wouldn't break the bank.

These two signings would also help our draft. We'd be able to trade down, focus on BPA a bit more, and bring in some talent in more flashy areas.

634601[/snapback]

I think these two signings would mean we wouldnt trade down. I can see use trading down to pick up a couple linemen. if we address the line if free agency I think we stay put and get the best player available that is not a quarterback.

I believe Wells can play guard or center. That gives us a possible starter at guard and some solid depth at the center position (especially if Teague is released). Neal was a starter at right guard last year for New England, so I am curious what that may mean for Villariel. Any way you slice it though, the o-line not only lacks some solid studs, but also lacks serious depth!

Either or both of these moves points to one factor that is common to the guys Marv is bringing in or signing...they are all young. Like it or not, Marv is rebuilding this team from the bottom up with an influx of youth. Heck, you need a lot of youth to offset the owner and GM, right?!?!