Saints: trade pick to Jets, who take Leinart

Titans: people say Ferguson but i kinda think Young/Cutler

Jets: Saints take Mario Williams or Vernon Davis

Packers: AJ Hawk

49ers: Davis or Williams

Raiders: Cutler/Young

Bills: Ferguson?!?! or Ngata

633270[/snapback]

Everything's possible - but I wonder about OAK - DET now has 5 qb's, and Harrington might be of interest to them - or to NO. AFAIK, he carries a big contract, though..

True, its not likely. why would a talent like that fall so far? teams wont draft for need if he gets there. But if they do, we have to take him right? Ngata would be a good consolation prize though.

BTW, enough with that Losman bashing/drafting a QB. if levy does that, he'd be crazy and itd be like the first time he let the bills down. Give JP a chance

It all relys on the Raiders

It depends if they want a 1st round pick QB to develop (doesn't seem like their style) or a Veteran to come in and take over (sounds more their style)

NO and the Jets making a deal with each other doesn't effect our position much. NO will probably take either of the 2 you mention at #2 or #4, and that just look like they would make a deal for a QB unless they get Ramsey from Washington (or go for someone like Harrington or another FA QB) If they do get a FA QB, forget it, Fergussen will be gone by that time.

I would rather the bills take someone like Davis if he is there at #8 (I doubt it too). I don't know about Ngata, most players move up or down after the combines and he seems to be moving down the list rather then up. I'm also not sure how well he will fit inot our defence. They say he can play 3-4 or 4-3 but I think he is more of a 3-4 kind of player

Houston: R. Bush

633270[/snapback]

Highly unlikely. The Saints, Jets or even the 49ers will probably consider Ferguson with their first pick and I think one of them will draft him.

Ferguson would be great! I don't think the Bills can go wrong with any of Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, Davis, or Ngata... If none of these guys are available, that probably means one of the QBs has dropped, and the Bills should be looking to trade down and pick up more picks.

Alright, I agree completely about the possibility of us drafting D'Brick. I've had a theory about this, that being that if the 2.3.4 picks are QBs then Ferguson falls to us. NO screwed all of this up by signing Drew Brees. BECAUSE the teams at 5.6.7 are pretty well off at Tackle, most teams having several big-money contracts invested in tackles. Now we may have to trade up to get him because teams behind us would be looking to do the same.

With that being said:

Being on vacation in Nashville, I stopped by Vandy yesterday to see a good friend of mine who works in the athletic department. While I was there I saw Jay Cutler. He didnt look as tall in person as on TV nor as big, but he was clearly an athlete. Also, on TV he looked like he had a bastardly smirk but in real life not at all really. I think the kid is good but a little overrated since I won every college football bet I made against vandy last year.

ALso: my friend told me that his inside sources at the Titans have informed him that Leinart is the guy they're gonna be drafting. Giving Cutler to the Jets at 4 unless some team trades into 2 and screws everything up.

THe other possibility is that Young falls too far and d'brick gets taken. at that point we have to trade out of that spot and pick up plenty of extra picks.

Houston: R. Bush

633270[/snapback]

i expect the jets to do everything in their power to finish off a trade for matt schaub. they'll draft either the DE to replace abraham or the LT to replace fabini.

in short, i don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that ferguson makes it to #8.

i expect the jets to do everything in their power to finish off a trade for matt schaub. they'll draft either the DE to replace abraham or the LT to replace fabini.

in short, i don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that ferguson makes it to #8.

633451[/snapback]

Always beware of teams drafting for need

Always beware of teams drafting for need

633453[/snapback]

Why? If my foundation is crumbling, or my roof leaks like a sieve, that's called need and address it....

"Best available athelete" is a plum for teams already in nice shape. And your spiffy one in the FA age can and often does scoot away when a monied club hikes its skirt up and says, "give me a try, big boy"... :lol:

Drafting for need is fine after the first round, but in the first you can't draft only by need cause usually the contract is going to be rated to where they were drafted. This is especially true in the top 10 as you might be able to get away with drafting for need in the bottom third of the 1st round. If the Bills had the #1 pick would you expect them to draft Ngata 1st overall just cause we need him? No cause he is not worth the Cash of a #1 overall pick. That is why I have no problem with Buffalo picking Davis at #8 if he's available over a lineman.

Guest BackInDaDay
Why? If my foundation is crumbling, or my roof leaks like a sieve, that's called need and address it....

"Best available athelete" is a plum for teams already in nice shape. And your spiffy one in the FA age can and often does scoot away when a monied club hikes its skirt up and says, "give me a try, big boy"... :lol:

633466[/snapback]

"...when like a flag,

you raise your skirt

mocking my salute..."

Danny O'Keefe - American Roulette

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Cincy.