I see Marv's pattern

Let's see... he cut:

A DT, a SS, a TE, and a OL.

He's signed a DT, a SS, a TE, and... a WR :D

OK, so the WR is to cover in case Moulds gets cut.

So I guess we can tell what our next FA signing will be. Hello, Mr Fabini!

And unfortunately a downgrade at each to boot

632957[/snapback]

Let's see:

Royal is a huge upgrade over Campbell. Royal is a fair receiver but outstanding blocker.

Bowen and Milloy. Yes this is a downgrade.

Tripplett and Adams. I am not sure this is a downgrade. Adams didn't like to stay at home and was responsible for getting sealed off and letting large cutback runs occur, well that and Crowell who couldn't fight of the center after Adams was out of the play.

so I say one is a push, but leaning towards an upgrade, one is an upgrade and one is a downgrade. So we really haven't moved based on that. So 5-11 still. :lol:

Davis an upgrade over Reed? (can't say Moulds cause he hasn't been released yet)

If Davis is Healthy, then yes

633695[/snapback]

Davis is not an upgrade over Reed. Davis had 9 and 16 whole catches the last 2 years. Davis might be an upgrade over Roscoe, but Reed and Davis are two different types of players and not really a comparison. I believe Davis was brought in to replace Aiken anyhow. :lol:

He also did not play a full season without being injured, thats why I said if healthy he is an upgrade over Josh 'just droped a great pass" Reed

633788[/snapback]

Reed dropped 3 passes the whole year with 32 catches. How about Evans (2 with 48 catches), Roscoe (2 with 15 catches), or Moulds(3 with 81 catches)? Don't even start. And when was Davis hurt last year, only during camp. He was cut for part of the season and only brought back when Brown went down. Get your facts straight.

Percentage wise the only one in that list that is worse is Roscoe

Reed 3 dropped of 35 passes - 91.4% completion

Evans 2 dropped of 48 passes - 95.8% completion

Roscoe 2 dropped of 17 catches - 88.2% completion

Moulds 3 dropped of 84 catches - 96.4% completion

As for Davis, he was hurt in the pre season and has said the injury had affected him during the season as he was not playig to 100% (heard this in an interview with him on the radio)

I am not trying to bash Reed at all as his play had improved and would have like to have seen him be a WR on this team, but he made alot of drops and was not a dependable receiver since coming into Buffalo. It may have been something mental, that was causing it and he may do better with a new team, too bad he didn't play up to potential.

Percentage wise the only one in that list that is worse is Roscoe

Reed 3 dropped of 35 passes - 91.4% completion

Evans 2 dropped of 48 passes - 95.8% completion

Roscoe 2 dropped of 17 catches - 88.2% completion

Moulds 3 dropped of 84 catches - 96.4% completion

As for Davis, he was hurt in the pre season and has said the injury had affected him during the season as he was not playig to 100% (heard this in an interview with him on the radio)

I am not trying to bash Reed at all as his play had improved and would have like to have seen him be a WR on this team, but he made alot of drops and was not a dependable receiver since coming into Buffalo. It may have been something mental, that was causing it and he may do better with a new team, too bad he didn't play up to potential.

633825[/snapback]

Again, he didn't drop too many. Lot's of receivers drop passes. Reed did good things, like getting a 1st on over 2/3rds of his catches. Hell even Santana Moss had 8 drops last year with 84 catches. By your way of looking at things he sucks.

Even that great Steve Smith who was by far the best receiver in the league had 7 drops. So what even he drops a couple, he gets open and he is a solid #3. he is better then Davis by a lot, and he is better then Roscoe, although Roscoe was a rookie, so we'll see.

Royal is a huge upgrade over Campbell.  Royal is a fair receiver but outstanding blocker. 

633665[/snapback]

Don't know about that. Royal is not even a legitimate starter in this league, whereas Campbell at least made some plays. Don't believe everything Marv tells you.

Don't know about that.  Royal is not even a legitimate starter in this league, whereas Campbell at least made some plays.  Don't believe everything Marv tells you.

633889[/snapback]

I live in DC, and have seen Royal play, a lot. Trust me Royal is a legit TE, and will help our running game a lot. In fact Royal was the starting TE for the skins last year. That is a team that made the playoffs. They ran a two TE , single back set with Cooley and Royal. Cooley was the HB, and Royal was the true TE.

Again, he didn't drop too many.  Lot's of receivers drop passes.  Reed did good things, like getting a 1st on over 2/3rds of his catches. Hell even Santana Moss had 8 drops last year with 84 catches.  By your way of looking at things he sucks. 

Even that great Steve Smith who was by far the best receiver in the league had 7 drops.  So what even he drops a couple, he gets open and he is a solid #3.  he is better then Davis by a lot, and he is better then Roscoe, although Roscoe was a rookie, so we'll see.

633840[/snapback]

I'm not trying to say I don't like Josh Reed (I kind of like the fact he resigned) but he has had a bad history of dropping alot of passes in Buffalo, I see Davis as being a better WR with better speed IF he stays healthy and plays for a full season