Would using a mid to late draft pick on a RFA be

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the designated round can be negotiated. With Buffalo being in the earlier half of each round, I wonder if the Bills could work out a fair compensation for a good, young talent that has a little game experience. For example I noticed that KC wants a 5th rd pick for T Jordan Black. He seemed interesting enough of a prospect. Picking early in the rds might be even more beneficial in a trade instead of a pick. This would definitely enlarge the scope for personnel for Marv and Jauron's defensive/offensive schemes.

Any RFAs that you think that would be worthy of a mid to late rd pick?

I posted this a few days ago and lo and behold the Bills go and invite a RFA (Reggie Wells) to town. KC is known AND has a very offensive line intact right now. This may very well be a good,young prospect for us. I'm curious if this guy gets considered by the Bills in the near future.

I think a young prospect with 2-3 years in the league, having played preseason, and maybe some downs is worth more than a 6th-7th round pick. The kind of guy you usually get with a 6th or 7th rounder is a guy that would be a backup or practice squad. After two years on a squad, you would know if the guy was going to pan out or not. If he looks like he is steadily improving you would probably want more than a 5th round pick.