To those who STILL want to cut moulds...

Finally the voice of reason speaks up. Well said.

The team is rebuilding. If you honestly believe Moulds will see the playoffs with Buffalo next year then there's nothing anybody can say to convince you that cutting Moulds is the smart move.

Brandon has it right - it's about next year's cap space. Moulds will also want a multi-year deal. Even if it is structured to be cap friendly up front, the cap hit will be pushed into the future long after he is gone. What's smart about that? Those were the kind of deals that got John Butler in trouble and why the Bills suffered for many years thereafter.

Moulds skills are declining with age. The stats back it up. The paradigm for handling vets like Moulds was typified by New England. You cut or trade the overpriced vets as their skills decline (i.e Milloy, Law,etc.) and you rebuild and renew your team consistently year by year.

Hanging on to overpriced vets for sentimental reasons is a formula for losers.

This is a valid point...I would only counter to say that cutting moulds after next season results in a dead cap hit of only 1.6 mil. We already have 9 mil coming off the books in dead cap space next year. I dont think we should be too concerned with freeing up more space for next year.

IMO the real winners this offseason are going to be the teams who dont get into bidding wars and wait for next season or the season after. There are simply too many teams with too much money and too many holes and not enough players to fill them. Supply and Demand.

This is a valid point...I would only counter to say that cutting moulds after next season results in a dead cap hit of only 1.6 mil.  We already have 9 mil coming off the books in dead cap space next year.  I dont think we should be too concerned with freeing up more space for next year.

IMO the real winners this offseason are going to be the teams who dont get into bidding wars and wait for next season or the season after.  There are simply too many teams with too much money and too many holes and not enough players to fill them.  Supply and Demand.

625824[/snapback]

Unfortunately for Buffalo, the Bills seem to overpay somewhat to attract free agents. As such, the Bills need as much free cap space as possible.

Moulds is like any veteran who is looking to maximize his pay as his career nears an end. I'm not blaming him per se. Although if he was so interested in the team, he would take a pay cut.

As a business and team rebuilding strategy, I feel it would be best for the Bills future to remove Moulds salary burden from the team as soon as possible.

The team needs to move on without Moulds. No malice intended.