Corey Chavous gone to Rams

ProFootballTalk.com has been wrong more than they've been right.  It should be called "ProFootballStuffwehearormakeupanddonttakeaccountabilityfor.com."

624566[/snapback]

Rams | Chavous signed to five-year deal

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:59:32 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the St. Louis Rams have signed free agent S Corey Chavous (Vikings) to a five-year contract. Complete financial terms were not disclosed, but he will average about $4 million a year for the first three years of the contract. Counting bonuses and base salary, Chavous' compensation for the 2006 season will be between $6 million and $7 million.

Ahhhh my old buddy Florio. For people who dont know how PFT works, all Florio does is have people look over the news wires and post it whenever they receive it. Then he changes the time of his "updates" to make it seem like be broke the story.

Also, KFFL is reporting that

Panthers | Team agrees to terms with Kemoeatu

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:38:38 -0800

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports the Carolina Panthers have agreed to terms with free agent DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Ravens). The 6-foot-5, 350-pounder agreed in principle to a five-year, $23 million deal, one which will likely be signed early next week.

Good god!  A 5-year $23M deal for a guy who was a BACKUP last year?

624588[/snapback]

I didn't think he was a backup last year. If Jenkins can stay healthy, they are going to be near impossible to run on next year. Man, I wish we had that D-line!