Thanks Katrina

So I was planning on going to the gym and get one of the last 2 workouts before I hit the beach next week for spring break, but there's a line of storms that just passed, they only lasted about 10 minutes, however our campus closed down 4 hours ago!

I remember growing up in Buffalo and the Blizzard of 77. After that storm, anytime there was even the threat of a good snowfall, they would cancel school. That was a great time. I remember a 27 foot snow drift in front of my house, we dug a tunnel through it, and they didn't plow our street for 2 days.

I remember my first job at SUNY Brockport in 1979 and we had a report of a monster storm coming in. Sent everyone home at 10:00 am and at 11:30 I went into the President's office and he was standing there looking out on a sunny day and no one in sight on the campus and he turned to me and said..."Guess we look pretty stupid, huh?" Damned if you do...damned if you don't!

I remember growing up in Buffalo and the Blizzard of 77.  After that storm, anytime there was even the threat of a good snowfall, they would cancel school.  That was a great time.  I remember a 27 foot snow drift in front of my house, we dug a tunnel through it, and they didn't plow our street for 2 days.

623279[/snapback]

Yeah, that happened to me growing up in Miami too. Good times....

I remember my first job at SUNY Brockport in 1979 and we had a report of a monster storm coming in.  Sent everyone home at 10:00 am and at 11:30 I went into the President's office and he was standing there looking out on a sunny day and no one in sight on the campus and he turned to me and said..."Guess we look pretty stupid, huh?"  Damned if you do...damned if you don't!

623287[/snapback]

So, did you guys go get a beer? Shoot a round?

DC is absolutely hilarious when there is even a threat of a flurry.

Chalked it up to experience. I don't know if your old enough to remember the blizzard of 77, but we got almost NO warning of that and apparently ended up with a bunch of folk stranded. In Buffalo (where my brother was cop in Precinct 3 downtown) he was pulling folk off the skyway all night and I had the journey from hell taking three days to get from Albany to Buffalo. I know I went for a beer, but I'm not sure what the Pres. did.

Chalked it up to experience. I don't know if your old enough to remember the blizzard of 77, but we got almost NO warning of that and apparently ended up with a bunch of folk stranded.  In Buffalo (where my brother was cop in Precinct 3 downtown) he was pulling folk off the skyway all night and I had the journey from hell taking three days to get from Albany to Buffalo.  I know I went for a beer, but I'm not sure what the Pres. did.

623331[/snapback]

If by age you are referring to me, I was sitting in the Fulda Gap in winter 1977. Saw everyone's home movies of it later on.

The righteous one.

623368[/snapback]

Май замена прямой только в выражениях

623376[/snapback]

I've since had the opportunity to talk about things with some Russian counterparts. We agree we miss the old days. Things were so much simpler then.

I've since had the opportunity to talk about things with some Russian counterparts. We agree we miss the old days. Things were so much simpler then.

623385[/snapback]

I agree. Everyone knew who the bad guys were.

I remember growing up in Buffalo and the Blizzard of 77.  After that storm, anytime there was even the threat of a good snowfall, they would cancel school.  That was a great time.  I remember a 27 foot snow drift in front of my house, we dug a tunnel through it, and they didn't plow our street for 2 days.

623279[/snapback]

Depending on where you live they still haven't plowed the street! :lol: