Who are the leaders on this team???

I am the most optimistic Bills fans there is. I give the team a chance every year. I am not 100% sold on Jauron but I will give him a chance. I trust that Marv will lead us in the right direction. However, there is one thing that deeply concerns me. Who are the leaders on this team??? I mean the defense has Spikes, Fletcher, Vincent, so it might not be a huge deal. But what about our offense? Especially when Moulds leaves. I think this has been a huge problem since Kelly retired. Moulds, as much as I liked him, was never a great leader. Just cause you're a veteran doesn't mean you're a good leader. I really think this area needs to be address tremedously this offseason. As of now, there are no leaders in that huddle. From my experiences, the line can lead just as much as the quarterback. I really think we need some veteran leaders on the line (Runyan anyone) or this team will go no where. Sorry for the rant but this is a huge area of concern for me. Any thoughts?

Leaders are made over time not right off the bat. Things like that take time. While I somewhat agree I believe our real problem isn't lack of leaders its lack on talent in the trenches, and a recent history of losing. When you win eventually a leader will emerge. I dont think you can just sign a free agent and like magic have a leader. What might not seem like a "leader" to some might not mean much to someone else. I also dont think you need a leader on every single unit of your team but just having a personality like Spikes can rub off on the rest of your team.

Leaders are made over time not right off the bat.  Things like that take time.  While I somewhat agree  I believe our real problem isn't lack of leaders its lack on talent in the trenches, and a recent history of losing.  When you win eventually a leader will emerge.  I dont think you can just sign a free agent and like magic have a leader.  What might not seem like a "leader" to some might not mean much to someone else.  I also dont think you need a leader on every single unit of your team but just having a personality like Spikes can rub off on the rest of your team.

621982[/snapback]

You made some good points and I agree with you for the most part. Leaders are made over time. However, I just wonder when the offense is in the 4th quarter and they looking around the huddle who is gonna step up. Spikes will be on the sideline. As bad as this team was this year, it was in a lot of games. Think about the Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta games. If the offense could have scored a touchdown instead of a field game, it could have made a huge difference in our season. Hopefully, Marv will realize this from when he coached and change this.