NFL Cut Delayed to 10pm

NFL | Labor talks break off again

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:41:49 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the NFL labor talks broke off once again about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, March 5. Both sides left the meeting not being optimistic of getting a deal done. "Unless there's a miracle - right now we're going forward with the current collective bargaining agreement," Mortensen said.

Well...we're screwed next season. However, who else is going to hang around until 10pm to watch the Redskins purge their roster?

NFL | Labor talks break off again

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:41:49 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the NFL labor talks broke off once again about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, March 5. Both sides left the meeting not being optimistic of getting a deal done. "Unless there's a miracle - right now we're going forward with the current collective bargaining agreement," Mortensen said.

618617[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190

This extension must be from the owners. My suspicion is that the player union has already told the owners that they can't work out a deal for good and the owners are begging them to reconsider their decision.

I knew it. The NFL is in total chaos as of now. No football in 08 is looking like it may really happen.

This extension must be from the owners.  My suspicion  is that the player union has already told the owners that they can't work out a deal for good and the owners are begging them to reconsider their decision.

I knew it.  The NFL is in total chaos as of now.  No football in 08 is looking like it may really happen.

618623[/snapback]

NFL | Management wanted a three-day delay to salary cap compliance

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:46:48 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports NFL management wanted to extend the deadline to Wednesday, March 8, for team's to be in compliance with the NFL salary cap, but the players' union would only agree to a four-hour delay from the original 6 p.m. ET deadline.

My bad, owners wanted 3 days, players didn;t.

Well...we're screwed next season. 

618617[/snapback]

At least in the short run, this could be good for the Bills. Think of it: the Bills have a solid amount of free cap space, and can get lots more by cutting Moulds. There are a lot of teams that are over the cap. Not only will these teams have to make painful cuts, they won't be able to sign expensive free agents. This will create a buyer's market for free agents, and the Bills will have plenty of salary cap space/spending power to take advantage of it!

But in the long run, the owners and the union need to come to an agreement for the good of the league.