Can someone throw me a bone?

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but can some give me a quick explaination, or show me a link that explains why all of the CBA, labor, cap bullcrap is happening all of a sudden?

I've been away from The States for a while and don't understand why all of this stuff is suddenly happening. Last I knew... the Bills were in good cap shape, but now we (and most teams) need to purge these veterans.

What happened this year?

In a nutshell the players dont feel they're getting their just due from the machine that is the NFL

Rick Gosselin, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the NFL owners and the NFLPA are not that far apart on the labor negotiations. Under the old CBA, the players received 64.5 percent of the designated gross revenue. The new CBA would give them a percentage of all football revenues. The designated gross revenue accounts for 87 percent of the NFL's gross revenues, generated primarily from network television contracts and ticket sales. Excluded from the financial pot was local revenue generated by teams from suites, parking, concessions, merchandising, signage and stadium naming-rights fees. The players wanted all football revenues included in the pot and then take a percentage of that gross. The owners maintain if the size of the pie increases, the player share of the pie should decrease. So instead of 64 percent of the designated gross, the owners offered 56.2 percent of the gross revenue, and that's where the stalemate currently exists. NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw said he wants the player's share to be at least 60 percent.

The Owners are taking away what was originally agreed to which was fine with the NFLPA as long as they still got at least 60%.