Now that Adams is gone - Why do we take Ngata?

:D  :lol:  :D

I guess that is the most frustrating part of it all.

On draft day, I sit in my living room like a lunatic. My daughters help me chart the picks, and I have 2 phones handy to talk over the draft with my friends.

At the end of the day, I am almost always disgusted. We draft little guys who suck or are injured, and the last 2 first round linemen we DID were Erik Flowers and Mike Williams.  :(  :doh:  :huh:

You know, I will be sitting in the same spot this season, full of hope. I am not giving up. Never.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

615859[/snapback]

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMN IT!

Amen Bill. Even if it's not the first pick(no, it doesn't have to be a lineman you hammerheads), let's hope that between the draft and free agency(anyone remember that?) the lines get a significant amount of attention this offseason.

The cut of Sam Adams means 2 things to me.....

The bills realize that the teams that are well under the cap are going to be able to be big time players in free agency.....look for Moulds to be cut any time now and possibly even some more players.....

I dont think Levy wants to put up with Sam's tantrums on the field....for which he was good for at least 1 good one EVERY year for the last few years......

I dont think getting rid of Sam means no Ngata....in fact if may mean that we are leaning towards him....and it also wouldn't suprise me to see Ted Washington brought to Buffalo.....

615298[/snapback]

I agree. I personally would've kept Adams and looked to draft a passrusher at DE. Since they didn't, I don't see them passing up this Ngata guy.

Guest BackInDaDay
Here are Bunkley's stats from last year.

13 Games 39 Tackles 27 Assistant Tackles 66 Total Tackles 25.0 Tackles for Loss 9.0 Sacks 15 QB Hurries. He's an ideal cover 2  DT. While Ngata might be a better guy locking up guys I doubt he'd generate the pass rush that Bunkley can.

615786[/snapback]

Tough to argue with Bunkley's record breaking FSU stats. I've got no problem with him. He reminds me of Sapp when he was coming out of Miami. I'm just not so sure he can play in an NFL backfield. Better O linemen and blocking schemes may neutralize him. It's nice to have some bulk to fall back on. But I do understand the intersest in BB. When he came on TV during the combine, I called my son over. He kidded me that it was the guy from The Green Mile :doh:

Here are Bunkley's stats from last year.

13 Games 39 Tackles 27 Assistant Tackles 66 Total Tackles 25.0 Tackles for Loss 9.0 Sacks 15 QB Hurries. He's an ideal cover 2  DT. While Ngata might be a better guy locking up guys I doubt he'd generate the pass rush that Bunkley can.

615786[/snapback]

FWIW, Bunkley set the FSU record for tackles for a loss over his career down here. The guy is a beast and fast as hell to boot. The guy was always in the backfield.

Guest BackInDaDay
FWIW, Bunkley set the FSU record for tackles for a loss over his career down here. The guy is a beast and fast as hell to boot. The guy was always in the backfield.

615923[/snapback]

Ngata or Bunkley? One things for sure, Tim Andersen has to be loving the thought of hunkerin' down with either of these two. The more I think about it, it probably would be smarter to take Bunkley and a another pick. But then we still have to get another edge rushing DE, another quick LB (this is a very strong class) and a sound safety prospect. I'd love to see us draft nothing but D. Good thing I'm not in charge! :doh: