Is the worm turning?

Cowboys | Jones believes a CBA deal can get done

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:18:49 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes a deal between the NFL and the Players Association could be completed immediately. Speaking in measured tones Saturday because of a significant fine that could be levied for talking about the negotiations surrounding the collective bargaining agreement, Jones said, "major increases have been put in the deal and it should get done." Jones said the higher-revenue clubs are not holding up a deal. Owners are expected to meet again in Dallas March 7.

Now if Jerry Jones, one of the "new guard" greedy owners who was part of the group that was holding things up (despite what Jones claims) says something might get done, I believe it. I suspect that Jones and others asked for loan assistance for new stadiums and SB bids, which seems fair. In any case, a new deal helps the smaller market teams like the Bills out because it likely means more revenue sharing, which means more money for Ralph, and thus a more valuable franchise.

Cowboys | Jones believes a CBA deal can get done

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:18:49 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes a deal between the NFL and the Players Association could be completed immediately. Speaking in measured tones Saturday because of a significant fine that could be levied for talking about the negotiations surrounding the collective bargaining agreement, Jones said, "major increases have been put in the deal and it should get done." Jones said the higher-revenue clubs are not holding up a deal. Owners are expected to meet again in Dallas March 7.

March 7th, I thought the deadline to get this thing done was March 1st or 2nd? And it's funny that every report coming out of these meetings are saying that these five owners are the ones holding up the deal. Sounds like Jones is just talking out of his ass and doesn't want to catch the blame for this thing not getting done, although its completely his fault (along with Snyder, Kraft and whoever the hell the other two are).

I'm convinced it will get done because the NFL is too smart to not get it done.  It is the best run league and there is no reason to make drastic changes now.

611558[/snapback]

All valid points, but they don't have much to do with this agreement getting done or 5 billionaires wanting to make a few more millions. Thats whats holding this whole thing up... 5 owners.

And it's funny that every report coming out of these meetings are saying that these five owners are the ones holding up the deal.  Sounds like Jones is just talking out of his ass and doesn't want to catch the blame for this thing not getting done, although its completely his fault (along with Snyder, Kraft and whoever the hell the other two are).

Yeah, it's not Jones' fault that the other 20+ owners won't accept the crap that's being fed to them. :D

Bob Kraft is the one that burns me up the most.

A few short years ago, the Patriots were a mess. Because of the salary cap (which is essentially the implementation of revenue sharing), he was able to pull the team out from the gutter and turn it into a "model franchise".

Now, he's turning his back on revenue sharing, forgetful of the real reason for his sucess. If he gets his way, he'll destroy the thing that brought him to where he is today.

He's a modern-day Icarus. Not to mention sleazy, hypocritical, and selfish to a fault.

I must admit, I admire the players association for even considering prolonging the salary cap. 

Any other pro sport, they would be whining like little babies (see NHLPA).

It's refreshing. 

GIT ER DONE!!!!

611657[/snapback]

i disagree - think player associations have learnt from the mistakes the NHLPA made.......

players are making lots of money in the current system so their is no motivation to change.........