MILLOY NEXT BILL CUT

valle7878

Mark my words he will be the next Bill cut we need a young guy there. Hopefully we keep Sam Adams we need 2 big guys in the middle of the defensive line. Get Ngata in the draft or a safety. VINCENT IS ALSO CUT. We need to get rid of a lot of old guys we need to get younger and faster.

Mark my words he will be the next Bill cut we need a young guy there.  Hopefully we keep Sam Adams we need 2 big guys in the middle of the defensive line.    Get Ngata in the draft or a safety.    VINCENT IS ALSO CUT.      We need to get rid of a lot of old guys we need to get younger and faster.

611024[/snapback]

too small to be the enforcer needed at strong safety. but if no one else comes along that can fill enforcer role, maybe best to keep him another year IF the terms are right

too small to be the enforcer needed at strong safety.  but if no one else comes along that can fill enforcer role, maybe best to keep him another year IF the terms are right

611029[/snapback]

too small? Milloy was one of the best safeties in the league. So size is definitely not the issue.

While I grant you that Milloy wasn't at the top of his game last year. He did record 106 tackles, and mostly had to stay in for run support due to the injuries to TKO and Edwards. The issue for him is age, he is starting to lose a step, not as bad as Vincent, but still the Bills should look to be drafting someone else.

too small? Milloy was one of the best safeties in the league. So size is definitely not the issue.

While I grant you that Milloy wasn't at the top of his game last year. He did record 106 tackles, and mostly had to stay in for run support due to the injuries to TKO and Edwards. The issue for him is age, he is starting to lose a step, not as bad as Vincent, but still the Bills should look to be drafting someone else.

611074[/snapback]

milloy 6-0, 190

harrison 6-1, 220

lynch 6-2, 220

milloy not too small? come on, get real

I wouldn't be bothered by milloy getting cut.

How many big plays has he made in Buffalo?

I mean BIG plays...? You can count them on ONE HAND.

In 3 seasons.

Belichick knew that his best days were behind him. He has lost a step and then some.

Mark my words he will be the next Bill cut we need a young guy there.  Hopefully we keep Sam Adams we need 2 big guys in the middle of the defensive line.    Get Ngata in the draft or a safety.    VINCENT IS ALSO CUT.      We need to get rid of a lot of old guys we need to get younger and faster.

611024[/snapback]

My guess is also that the Turk will visit him and he will get cut.

However, he certainly does not suck as a player. His play was a big part in making the zone blitz work for us for two years and he was credited with over 100 tackles last year because he is an experienced player who is not afraid to make a hit.

However, he is well into the backside of his career and has a large cap number that will give us a savings of over 2 million bucks by cutting him.

The Bills switch to a cover 2 (or maybe even a Kiffinesque cover 3 may save him. He will not be called on to play a run support/stuffing role which he could not play as well last year with his broken hand. Playing centerfielder will actually rely much more on his lengthy experience.

The problem is though with the D switch the safeties will have a lot of ground to cover and toughness and hitting were more the Milloy game than having the wheels so I think he gets cut.

Part of the reason he gets cut though is because it makes far more sense to keep Vincent:

1. He tied for the lead among Bills last year for INTs and fumble recoveries (the fact it only took w recoveries to tie for the team lead is another reason why it would seem silly to further reduce our turnover ability by cutting a team leader in this category. Any post which advocated cutting him without any semblance of a plan about how we replace these numbers is little more than a rant.

2. We only save 200,000 and change by cutting him, not only is the default replacing him with a rookie but a cheap one at that.

3. Vincent is also well into the backside of his career but playing the centerfielder role both lends itself to his experience and his pass Pro Bowl talent as a cover guy. He has certainly lost a step or two, but he started off with better speed than Milloy (and most players) and has speed to lose and is still faster than many real alternatives.

The rant to cut Vincent makes little sense and actually no sense without a plan beyond get a younger guy.

I wouldn't be bothered by milloy getting cut.

How many big plays has he made in Buffalo?

I mean BIG plays...? You can count them on ONE HAND.

In 3 seasons.

Belichick knew that his best days were behind him. He has lost a step and then some.

611136[/snapback]

Nod-

I hope that having a double digit number of fingers on one hand does not hurt your social life in a big way. In addition to the plays against NE mentioned in a post above, I also remember Milloy making a goal line stop and then recovering a fumble (I think against Miami) in a game that year.

It would only be intelligent to look beyond episodic big plays and also note BIG games within which a player is credited with a double digit number of tackles. Milloy rang up these totals at least 3 times this year and also did it several times last year as he once was the AFC Defensive player of the week (one of the reasons that merely looking for big plays is not the same as looking for good players).

Add in to that Milloy in addition to contributing on the field was a big time and positive leader on a team which desperately needed some good leadership. I would merely reference the story of Milloy's arrival with the Bills when he went to a film session within which a lot of the team laughed when the film showed a Bills getting bowled over.

Milloy made a point of vocally taking the team on and saying that this was not the approach of a serious professional and a good teammate to seeing this play. The offending Bill needed to play better and the faulty played should not be glossed over either by pretending the offending Bill needed to play better or that it was something to laugh about.

He brought a sense of being a member of a TEAM rather than simply a team which was real because he was a leader on a Pats team which won the SB. If you want to claim that this should not be considered because it makes no difference on the field remember that his prescence with the Bills and the devastation which led NE players to publicly rag on the boy genius Belicheck for screwing up his resigning was a big factor in the Bills trashing NE 31-0 in the 1st game of the season only to have the patina wear off with our being trashed 0-31 in the final game. It only makes sense that the addition of Milloy was a big part of the difference on the field here.

He deserves to be cut because he is not worth the big contract the market forced us to pay him (so we did not have to start Coy Wire at SS which may be what we are forced to do when we cut Milloy) but he has been a good player for us who might be saved by having the cover 2 duty but probably not.

611024[/snapback]

I don't think so. Guess who's his backup! :lol:

Since Milloy is a "in the box" safety, he doesn't fit the role of a cover 2. Not that I don't think he could, but he is not that much of a ball hawk and is slow in coverage.

I think the money we save cutting him, makes it hard for him to return. One possible FA Dexter Jackson, the safety from the Bucs, FA, has been bouncing around a little, Super bowl MVP, and knows the cover 2, very well. and wouldn't cost us as much as keeping Milloy. I would keep Vincent since there is not much cap saving by letting him go. But I would look to upgrade. And maybe keeping Vincent as a 3d CB. Vincent is great in zone coverage, or he was. I like Bing in the 2nd.-or slay in the 3rd or 4th

Since Milloy is a "in the box" safety, he doesn't fit the role of a cover 2.  Not that I don't think he could, but he is not that much of a ball hawk and is slow in coverage. 

I think the money we save cutting him, makes it hard for him to return.  One possible FA Dexter Jackson, the safety from the Bucs, FA, has been bouncing around a little, Super bowl MVP, and knows the cover 2, very well.  and wouldn't cost us as much as keeping Milloy.  I would keep Vincent since there is not much cap saving by letting him go. But I would look to upgrade.  And maybe keeping Vincent as a 3d CB.  Vincent is great in zone coverage, or he was.  I like Bing in the 2nd.-or slay in the 3rd or 4th

611230[/snapback]

TO say the Malloy doesnt know the cover 2 system is ignorant. The patriots use the cover two sytem a majority of the time.

Nobody thinks we will lose anything with the realease of Malloy, I think Malloy is a great presence and based on our depth you could see the weakness when he was off the field. Malloys cap number is good 3.5 mil is not a bad number to be paying a ss in this leaugue, I dont see him getting cut its not the same situation as in NE when the released a guy about count 8 mil to the cap.

Sam Adams now hes about as worthless as his salary and for only a hit of $375,000 this is the cut I would make. There are a couple of good DL in the FA and if we pick up NGata in the draft the dl will be fortified. Especailly with the savings of 3.5 mil for cutting his lazy 33.3% playing carcass.