Russia - U.S.A

millbank

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia 2 - Team U.S.A 0 ,  in the First period.

It would be more interesting if game had some meaning on standings

607963[/snapback]

Russians are very very talented. Almost scary. I don't know how everyone said Canada was the hands down gold. Those 2 goals were just big defensive mistakes. USA desperately needs to develop a more talented goaltender.

Russians are very very talented.  Almost scary.  I don't know how everyone said Canada was the hands down gold.  Those 2 goals were just big defensive mistakes.  USA desperately needs to develop a more talented goaltender.

607965[/snapback]

they did...Ryan Miller..USA Hockey officials are bufoons

Russians are very very talented.  Almost scary.  I don't know how everyone said Canada was the hands down gold. 

607965[/snapback]

I think what makes Canada the favorite is thier depth meazza. A few of the teams can throw out one or maybe two good lines that match up with Canada but after that not so much.

they did...Ryan Miller..USA Hockey officials are bufoons

607971[/snapback]

Ryan Miller is one goaltender who is on a hot streak. What i'm talking about is developing some guys who could be the next Brodeurs, Luongo's, Nabokov's for the future.

I think what makes Canada the favorite is thier depth meazza. A few of the teams can throw out one or maybe two good lines that match up with Canada but after that not so much.

607980[/snapback]

Yes we definately have the depth... but what has that lead us too? Depth matters when you have an 82 game season, not a short olympic tournament. For sure you need your 3rd and 4th lines that have to do their jobs but the importance lies in the top 2 lines, which is pretty much matched up by quite a few teams.

Its kind of hard to really know what any of the teams really are. These initial games really just warmups. The Russians for one have been really good at playing possum then putting it together when it counts.

Tomorrow the games really begin, one loss and they are out.

Yes we definately have the depth... but what has that lead us too?  Depth matters when you have an 82 game season, not a short olympic tournament.  For sure you need your 3rd and 4th lines that have to do their jobs but the importance lies in the top 2 lines, which is pretty much matched up by quite a few teams.

607993[/snapback]

Its kind of hard to really know what any of the teams really are.  These initial games really just warmups.  The Russians for one have been really good at playing possum then putting it together when it counts.

Tomorrow the games really begin, one loss and they are out.

608009[/snapback]

thank god i'm on spring break :doh:

Yes we definately have the depth... but what has that lead us too?  Depth matters when you have an 82 game season, not a short olympic tournament.  For sure you need your 3rd and 4th lines that have to do their jobs but the importance lies in the top 2 lines, which is pretty much matched up by quite a few teams.

607993[/snapback]

soooooo your depth should be important....

:doh: hot streak...yaaaaaaa

608024[/snapback]

how long has ryan miller been playing well... ? pretty much this season although i didn't really follow his progress before this season. I didn't mean that he's only on a streak but if Ryan Miller is the only consistently good goaltender USA can get, then you guys will be far from ever getting a gold.

how long has ryan miller been playing well... ?  pretty much this season although i didn't really follow his progress before this season.  I didn't mean that he's only on a streak but if Ryan Miller is the only consistently good goaltender USA can get, then you guys will be far from ever  getting a gold.

608031[/snapback]

this is his first full season of hockey..you do not know much about the sport do you...

until we get a TEAM and not just a bunch of guys who happen to be Americans that are good NHL players, we will not win a thing. With the exception of a few players on this team, the olympics (representing your country) don't mean as much to them as it does to the other countries. These players go out there and think they can play together at a high level because they are all good NHL'ers. That does not make a TEAM. They all had less than 72 hours to get to know eachother and most had less than 24 with the delays. I honestly think that the Sabres team would beat the USA squad because the Sabres play as a TEAM and are fighting and care about a common goal, and they TOTALLY buy into the system that Ruff has for them. If the current US squad would play like the Sabres, work hard and care a little more (and replace a few players that have mentioned, Chelios and Liles...) I think this team could play with and beat the other countries. Why did the Swiss play so well, because they cared, played like a team and worked their butts off.

USA needs to listen to what Herb Brooks said 27 years ago "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones!", they would be better off. I'm not saying they'd win the Gold, but I would rather cheer for a team that cares than a team that is a team in uniform only.

Just like the first Basketball Dream Team, watch those games again, they played like a team. Charles Barkley loved playing for his country and worked his ass off even when he was winning by 40, now the pro b-ball players act like it's no big deal and that's why even they have sucked.

now I'm just ramblin'

but while I'm at it, is anyone else pissed that one of the players that cares about winning the most, Drury, is playing like 5 minutes a game?