Sam Adams

Stl Bills

The more and more I think about it we Need Big Sam here next year, or we have to find an EQUAL replacement in free agency. IMHO Big Sam is still the best D-Lineman on the team and can be dominant when he wants to be. I will admit I hate the "I play when I want to play" type attitude, but now I wonder how much of that was MM not being able to deal with his players. Sam Adams can clog the middle but in all reality he really likes to get after the QB; he had his best year when Pat was next to him and they could share the duties. Unlike a lot of people on this board, I didn't see much improvement from Tim Anderson and if there was any he went from Terrible to just Awful. Put Sam Adams next to Ngata's big ass and DT becomes a major strength again.

Bottom Line:

This DT rotation: Adams, Ngata, Edwards

or

This DT rotation: Ngata, Edwards, Anderson

Yeah, you're probably right.  The upside is he doesn't hog up much salary cap, and I think he can still play a little bit.  It was clear this year he's lost a step though.

608006[/snapback]

Lost a step or had to play next to Tim Anderson and Justin Bannan all year. Who would you double team out of those three :doh: ?

The more and more I think about it we Need Big Sam here next year, or we have to find an EQUAL replacement in free agency.  IMHO Big Sam is still the best D-Lineman on the team and can be dominant when he wants to be.  I will admit I hate the "I play when I want to play" type attitude, but now I wonder how much of that was MM not being able to deal with his players.  Sam Adams can clog the middle but in all reality he really likes to get after the QB; he had his best year when Pat was next to him and they could share the duties.  Unlike a lot of people on this board, I didn't see much improvement from Tim Anderson and if there was any he went from Terrible to just Awful.  Put Sam Adams next to Ngata's big ass and DT becomes a major strength again.

Bottom Line:

This DT rotation: Adams, Ngata, Edwards

or

This DT rotation: Ngata, Edwards, Anderson

607943[/snapback]

I still think the number one thing this team needs to focus on is getting the offensive line fixed. If that happens, I agree with your post 100%.

Yeah, lets get him outta here for arguing with coaches that aren't even with the organisation anymore and that even us fans think are idiots.

We only had to watch the games to notice they were not right for their jobs, He has to listen to them and do what they say.

Yes the guy may have a bit of an attitude, but the guy actually wants to play here. Buy letting him go you are just creating another hole for the bills to fill when they have enough already.

Give Sam another Pat on his side and let him play to his strengths and you will see why you don't get rid of him

Yes the guy may have a bit of an attitude, but the guy actually wants to play here. Buy letting him go you are just creating another hole for the bills to fill when they have enough already.

608476[/snapback]

You say a "bit" of an attitude. I don't remember if he wouldn't come out of the game or he wouldn't go back in the game this past season, but any player that feels he can undermine the authority of the coaching staff, has no place on the team. It is irrelevent that the coaches he was feuding with are no longer with the team. If he did it before, he'll do it again.

PS As far as him wanting to play here in Buffalo, take off the blinders. Players will go wherever the most money is....period.

Yes it is true, they will go where the money is, but that is not always THE DECIDING FACTOR, sometimes they are willing to go to a team offering a little less cause they like the team/coaching staff/fans, sometimes even stay with a team cause they are comfortable with that team. (If they only go where the money is, why do players resign with a team before testing Free Agency?)

But what does this have to do with Sam Adams? He isn't a Free Agent

My post was just stating that he may have had a bit of an attitude (probably from frustration with the direction of the coaching staff) and that is why he had the attitude. We all know he does not play the kind of style the Bills tried to use him last year and that probably ticked him off. HE's a veteran who wants to win, not a young rookie whom the Bills can try to mold into a certain type of player. Everyone knows what he can do so you play to his abilities.

Eitherway, he should be cut I guess cause he is over 30 and there is a better replacement for him in free agency or the draft that will step in and be better than him. Its not like the Bills have any other pressing needs on the defensive line that need to be filled first.