If the Bills release Moulds... Who would you want?

The Bills need a TE, not a wr.  Counting on Everett to fill that role is like expecting  Sam Aiken to be a starting WR.  We already know what we don't have in Euhus and Campbell.  If the Bills had a guy like Dallas Clark or Heath Miller and a solid offensive line, Evans and Roscoe would actually be good enough.

The difference between Everett and Aiken is that Aiken has proven himself to be little more than a ST's player. Everett hasn't had the chance to prove anything. And his ACL injury was suffered almost a year ago, meaning by the time the season rolls around, he will be almost a year and a half removed. Also it apparently wasn't as bad as it could have been, and ACL surgery has come a long way.

The difference between Everett and Aiken is that Aiken has proven himself to be little more than a ST's player.  Everett hasn't had the chance to prove anything.  And his ACL injury was suffered almost a year ago, meaning by the time the season rolls around, he will be almost a year and a half removed.  Also it apparently wasn't as bad as it could have been, and ACL surgery has come a long way.

606800[/snapback]

The question though is rather you need at least a good quality player at TE (or #2 WR for that matter) in order to have an even adequate offense? I think the answer is clearly yes.

Are Campbell, Euhus or Neufeld quality players at TE?

I think the answer to that question unfortunately is no. hey are OK but not quality players. Campbell has shown occaisional flashes of brilliance but as an older player a year removed from a major injury he simply is not the quality TE qwe need. Euhus has never shown he is and is coming off his injury. Neufeld is a jorneyman at best.

True Everett has had no chance to prove himself, but potential simply means you have not done anything yet.

I think Badol has the right cut on this because I would feel about as comfortable counting upon the unproven essetially rookie Everett to be an adequate TE about as comfortable as I would feel counting upon Aiken to be my number #3 WR. It could happen but I certainly would not count on it.

I think it overstates the case to claim it would be equal to expecting Aiken to be our #2 because that ain't gonna happen in real life and there is some chance that Everett who essentially was a red shirt in his first pro year might possibly surprise and be a high quality TE from the start. However, the Bills need a real answer as a back-up at TE.

You know, a guy who has impressed me the last two seasons is Antonio Bryant. He's not really well-known, but every since he got traded to the Browns he's put on quite a show. He's matured a lot and seems to be a solid #1 or #2 in this league. If we have to get rid of Moulds, I think Bryant could be a great addition and would complement Lee Evans very well.

The question though is rather you need at least a good quality player at TE (or #2 WR for that matter) in order to have an even adequate offense?  I think the answer is clearly yes.

Are Campbell, Euhus or Neufeld quality players at TE?

I think the answer to that question unfortunately is no.  hey are OK but not quality players.  Campbell has shown occaisional flashes of brilliance but as an older player a year removed from a major injury he simply is not the quality TE qwe need. Euhus has never shown he is and is coming off his injury. Neufeld is a jorneyman at best.

I agree with all of this. Although Euhus WAS coming off a late-2004-season ACL injury.

True Everett has had no chance to prove himself, but potential simply means you have not done anything yet.

I think Badol has the right cut on this because I would feel about as comfortable counting upon the unproven essetially rookie Everett to be an adequate TE about as comfortable as I would feel counting upon Aiken to be my number #3 WR. It could happen but I certainly would not count on it.

I think it overstates the case to claim it would be equal to expecting Aiken to be our #2 because that ain't gonna happen in real life and there is some chance that Everett who essentially was a red shirt in his first pro year might possibly surprise and be a high quality TE from the start.  However, the Bills need a real answer as a back-up at TE.

Well if you're not counting on Everett, who has had a year to get acclimated to the NFL, would you be willing to trust a rookie TE? And I'd be fine adding a FA TE, but as a backup, he probably wouldn't be starting material.

My issue was more that you cannot compare Everett to Aiken. Whether you can count on them, I'd say definitely no for Aiken, but Everett is a maybe. What that's worth I don't know, and I'd be fine with signing a decent backup TE, but short of spending a high pick on TE, with no guarantees of anything, I don't know what else the Bills can do go ensure a good TE situation.

You know, a guy who has impressed me the last two seasons is Antonio Bryant.  He's not really well-known, but every since he got traded to the Browns he's put on quite a show.  He's matured a lot and seems to be a solid #1 or #2 in this league.  If we have to get rid of Moulds, I think Bryant could be a great addition and would complement Lee Evans very well.

The character issue is probably what prevents him from coming here.