Kerry on Iraq 10/01

BillsNYC

Every time somebody on this board, including me, brings up that Kerry supported the Iraq War and now his major campaign issue (other than Vietnam) has been how we were mislead into war by Bush and he is against it now, they come back with the same response.

ALL the Kerry supporters say the only reason Kerry ever supported the war is because George W Bush mislead him with false WMD information, and Kerry is an innocent bystander who was just supporting the President at that time.

Well folks...Bill O'Reilly put that argument to rest last night. He showed an interview he conducted with Kerry in December of 2001. The topic of our buddy Saddam came up, and O'Reilly asked Kerry what he thinks the US should do about Saddam.

Kerry says that "Saddam is a Terrorist, he's used WMD before on his own people, and we have proof he tried to assinate the first President Bush"...he also went on to say "He's a threat to our country and can't be trusted, and we need to take him down any way we can as soon as we can"

O'Reilly then asked how he would go about that...

Kerry said "First we should go to the UN and try diplomatically"

and O'Reilly interjected saying "sactions and all that aren't gonna work against Saddam, He's a...a...not nice guy."

Kerry siad "Well the UN then, we should build an alliance..."

O'Reilly says "NO...the UN is a bunch of 'nannies', if Saddam is to be overthrown, its gonna be done by us, and only us....do you support that Mr. Kerry?"

Kerry - "If it comes down to that, we have to do that, we can't please other countries, we have to do what is right for us"

They went back to O'Reilly live who said "Interesting huh?" and cut to commercial.

You guys have to see this interview. Kerry sounds EXACTLY like Bush...and this is before Bush was ever discussing Iraq, which means these are truly 100% Kerry's views.

The ONLY reason Kerry is anti-war now, is because its the only issue he can can support over Bush on...and that disgusts me. Give me a man who stand by his word, NOT flip flops to make people like him.

Do the liberals have nothing to say?

44515[/snapback]

What Kerry said does not excuse the piss-poor post-war planning of this administration. They've !@#$ed it up, and even the Pentagon thinks so.

Regardless, most Kerry supporters don't believe him to be the candidate who stands for everything they believe in. If any Bush supporters DO believe he stands for everything they believe in, news-flash: he is just as poll-driven as Kerry, he just uses language and the art of ignoring to make you think he's not. In the context of late 2001 where we had just been attacked, everyone had to play a hard line lest they be branded by our pal Rove as soft on terrorism. I'm not saying I agree with it, and I think far too often Kerry and many other Dems let themselves be painted into a corner by Rove and his like, rather than standing up just as strong to the criticism and acknowledging that the goal of eradicating terrorism necessitates the weaponry of ideas as well as those of the military. But I can come up with plenty of times that Bush went back on things he said while campaigning -- the line about us not being nation-builders and overextending our troops comes to mind immediately.

Simply put, the Bush administration does not deserve a second chance to clean up after themselves. They botched this, whatever you think of the motives. Most of us who feel that way are going to vote Kerry -- he cannot possibly do worse.

What Kerry said does not excuse the piss-poor post-war planning of this administration.  They've !@#$ed it up, and even the Pentagon thinks so.

Simply put, the Bush administration does not deserve a second chance to clean up after themselves.  They botched this, whatever you think of the motives.  Most of us who feel that way are going to vote Kerry -- he cannot possibly do worse.

44556[/snapback]

If you honestly think the Pentagon is EVER going to take responsibility for their own mistakes, you know little about the workings of the military "leadership."

Over the last 20 years, the military "leadership" has wasted TRILLIONS of dollars keeping their empires in place at the expense of combat operators and peace keepers. Currently there are about 1.5 MILLION troops in the US military. Probably a little over a third of them are actual combat operators/peacekeepers. Does that make sense to you?

The military suffers from "way too many chiefs, not nearly enough indians" - there are nowhere near enough MPs, appropriate gear, or operational money to train them. This isn't a new problem and Donald Rumsfelt has put in a MIGHTY effort to try and change it.

If you honestly think the Pentagon is EVER going to take responsibility for their own mistakes, you know little about the workings of the military "leadership."

Over the last 20 years, the military "leadership" has wasted TRILLIONS of dollars keeping their empires in place at the expense of combat operators and peace keepers.  Currently there are about 1.5 MILLION troops in the US military.  Probably a little over a third of them are actual combat operators/peacekeepers.  Does that make sense to you?

The military suffers from "way too many chiefs, not nearly enough indians" - there are nowhere near enough MPs, appropriate gear, or operational money to train them.  This isn't a new problem and Donald Rumsfelt has put in a MIGHTY effort to try and change it.

44567[/snapback]

The even sadder thing is the Marine Corps has 184,000 troops and about 140,000 are direct combat troops. That means the rest of the services have nearly 10 times as many troops and only account for the other half of the direct combatants.

Every time somebody on this board, including me, brings up that Kerry supported the Iraq War and now his major campaign issue (other than Vietnam) has been how we were mislead into war by Bush and he is against it now, they come back with the same response.

ALL the Kerry supporters say the only reason Kerry ever supported the war is because George W Bush mislead him with false WMD information, and Kerry is an innocent bystander who was just supporting the President at that time.

Well folks...Bill O'Reilly put that argument to rest last night. He showed an interview he conducted with Kerry in December of 2001. The topic of our buddy Saddam came up, and O'Reilly asked Kerry what he thinks the US should do about Saddam.

Kerry says that "Saddam is a Terrorist, he's used WMD before on his own people, and we have proof he tried to assinate the first President Bush"...he also went on to say "He's a threat to our country and can't be trusted, and we need to take him down any way we can as soon as we can"

O'Reilly then asked how he would go about that...

Kerry said "First we should go to the UN and try diplomatically"

and O'Reilly interjected saying "sactions and all that aren't gonna work against Saddam, He's a...a...not nice guy."

Kerry siad "Well the UN then, we should build an alliance..."

O'Reilly says "NO...the UN is a bunch of 'nannies', if Saddam is to be overthrown, its gonna be done by us, and only us....do you support that Mr. Kerry?"

Kerry - "If it comes down to that, we have to do that, we can't please other countries, we have to do what is right for us"

They went back to O'Reilly live who said "Interesting huh?" and cut to commercial.

You guys have to see this interview. Kerry sounds EXACTLY like Bush...and this is before Bush was ever discussing Iraq, which means these are truly 100% Kerry's views.

The ONLY reason Kerry is anti-war now, is because its the only issue he can can support over Bush on...and that disgusts me. Give me a man who stand by his word, NOT flip flops to make people like him.

44341[/snapback]

I saw that. But it did not surprise me much at all. actually kerry has been all around the issue so much that he actually touched on every aspect of it at one time or another in the past two months alone.

he has already lost. everywhere that I go I am hearing people say what a joke he is. I have no idea if these people are Rep or dem, but one thing is universal. Most people agree that kerry is an assclown.

Seems Kerry has pulled his adds from several states...Arizona, Arkansas and 2 others......He knows it's a lost cause as do most Dems....But the fringe liberals are luanching new adds...Which you would have to be a conspirisy theorist to believe.