Ed Hoculi is the worst ref

valle7878

Are you being serious or sarcastic?  I can't tell...

People make mistakes...  And yes, I don't get suspended or fired when I make mistakes at my job.  If you're getting repercussions for every mistake you make at work, maybe you need another job...?  :lol:

599219[/snapback]

a few ACC refs just got suspended 1 game each for making a horrendous call. I think that policy should be the norm. Not for thr ticky-tacky calls, but for a blatant !@#$ up like the personal foul on hasselbeck.

a few ACC refs just got suspended 1 game each for making a horrendous call. I think that policy should be the norm. Not for thr ticky-tacky calls, but for a blatant !@#$ up like the personal foul on hasselbeck.

599342[/snapback]

You do know that scare tactics like that don't produce the best employees, right...?

You do know that scare tactics like that don't produce the best employees, right...?

599376[/snapback]

Then why do the same with the players? You're saying that, for example, the fines for throat slashing and for premeditated celebrations have done nothing to change their behavior? Or perhaps changes the performance for the worse?

Fining/suspending refs in the NFL wouldn't matter anyway. Reffing is their "hobby," not their livelihood.

599376[/snapback]

No, but a significant error should not go unnoticed. I don't see where that is a scare tactic. If a bank employee wiped out your assets and it takes some time to sort it out, and you miss a mortgage payment, and suffer penalties, remember to remind your banks' management to be charitable towards the person who stabbed you... :lol:

No, but a significant error should not go unnoticed. I don't see where that is a scare tactic. If a bank employee wiped out your assets and it takes some time to sort it out, and you miss a mortgage payment, and suffer penalties, remember to remind your banks' management to be charitable towards the person who stabbed you... :lol:

599388[/snapback]

People make mistakes, and I wouldn't expect that employee to be fired or have to cover my late fees (the bank should do that). Now if the employee did the sabatage on purpose, that's a different story completley. But an innocent mistake? Can't fire people for that.

The same thing holds true for officials -- the officials are graded after every game (about EVERY play...) and their future assignments are based on that.

When I officiated high school games, I worked with a division 1-a ref (who did Big-10 games). We went over tape of various games and he pointed out (for example) one instance where the ref was not in a proper position on the sideline once the catch was made. The ref made the right call, but apparantly he was demoted for awhile, simply because he was out of position. The same thing happens in the NFL, it's just not made public.

Again, all of this does not apply if the refs screwed the calls up on purpose.

CW