QB coach: who to hire?

Anyone know who the candidates are (or should be) for what must be considered a vitally important position for the Bills?

Who's available out there? I know AVP would love the job, but what about someone who's already had some success? Or, scratching all of this, is Fairchild going to be able to devote enough time to JP on his own?

I don't think he's seriously a candidate, nor does he want to be.  And can you defend the choice?  He didn't even really tutor any successful successors.

589419[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm not sure he'd even be interested, but I wish Marv could talk him into it. On the successful successor thing, who did he have to tutor? He had Reich and Van Pelt as backups, but I don't think there was anyone else of a serious successor to tutor before he just retired and went away.

If he were interested in coaching, ya gotta start somewhere, and he certainly knows the QB position, no? From what I hear, he talks to JP quite a bit and they get along well. Kelly runs a football camp for adolescents - JP is somewhat adolescent, no? :lol:

And also, there's that whole "Bills' Pride" thing that Kelly talks about when he's on the radio complaining that the current Bills roster doesn't seem to appreciate the tradition or the pride of the franchise and wearing the Bills uniform. He's a HOF QB, a link to a glorious era in Bills' history, and would be an inspiration to the whole team. And we already know that Marv likes him.

But most importantly, I think he could get through to JP and teach him to be a successful QB.

Plus, having Jimbo on the sidelines sure would sell some tickets, I think.

Yeah, I'm not sure he'd even be interested, but I wish Marv could talk him into it.  On the successful successor thing, who did he have to tutor?  He had Reich and Van Pelt as backups, but I don't think there was anyone else of a serious successor to tutor before he just retired and went away.

If he were interested in coaching, ya gotta start somewhere, and he certainly knows the QB position, no?  From what I hear, he talks to JP quite a bit and they get along well.  Kelly runs a football camp for adolescents - JP is somewhat adolescent, no? :lol:

And also, there's that whole "Bills' Pride" thing that Kelly talks about when he's on the radio complaining that the current Bills roster doesn't seem to appreciate  the tradition or the pride of the franchise and wearing the Bills uniform.  He's a HOF QB, a link to a glorious era in Bills' history, and would be an inspiration to the whole team.  And we already know that Marv likes him.

But most importantly, I think he could get through to JP and teach him to be a successful QB.

Plus, having Jimbo on the sidelines sure would sell some tickets, I think.

589442[/snapback]

well - if you're talking Bills pride-

then Jack Kemp is the man.

former QB.

actually won a championship with the Bills

ran for President

and is the right age

well - if you're talking Bills pride-

then Jack Kemp is the man.

former QB.

actually won  a championship with the Bills

ran for President

and is the right age

589486[/snapback]

Well you're certainly right on all counts, but I thought Jack wanted to be NFL Commissioner, no?

Now I'm not saying that my relentless pining for Marv had anything at all to do with his eventual return, but if it did - let's bring back Jimbo too!

:lol: