Correction

I've been wondering the same thing. If Mike Sherman is so great, why have 9 teams passed on him for a HC job. He's onyl been interviewed for 2 jobs as well. What else is going on with him.

586600[/snapback]

Most recently, Sherman knocked the socks off Gary Kubiak. Kubiak offered to make him an assistance HC and o-line coach.

I'm pretty sure this is from KFFL.

There has to be more behind the scenes stuff with the guy...  I mean, favre or not, the guy put together a very impressive record with green bay.  One terrible year later, and the guy is fired and turned down by the only team he interviewed with for a former loser coach.  Makes you wonder if the grass truly is greener.  Sherman's 2005 season can be paralleled with levy's 94 season, where both teams sucked after great runs (levy's accomplishments being much better than shermans, but the point remains).  Now, imagine if levy had been fired after that one 5-11 season...  We'd ALL conclude that he did something very bad to get fired.  You know, if marv passed on sherman for a guy with the "credientials" as jauron, maybe we're all luckier for that.

586606[/snapback]

Weren't the Bills 7-9 that year? I believe they were 7-7 going into the last two games and if they had won the last two games then they would have made the playoffs. I believe Kelly went down going into those last two and Reich was unable to lead the team very far.

Wow, Bob McNair is willing to do what Ralph wouldn't and pay Sherman $3M a year just to coach the O-line and be AHC? :blink:

587464[/snapback]

WOW! Maybe he could buy Kubiak some new socks, too.