Any Smallville Fans Here?

just testing

Edit: guess we don't have a spoiler tag

anyhow, echoing Fezmid, the title of the thread gave away the big secret already...it's like taking the big twist in the last harry potter book and pasting it on the cover at the bookstore

Damn people. The dude made a mistake... Let's take him out to the square and hang him by his toenails.... Jeez, don't you have anything more important to b!tch about?  <_<

585916[/snapback]

Apparantly you don't either...

Well I could but I don't want to bore people with the freakin War that's going on and all....  :ph34r:

Plus being over in the sandbox, I don't get to watch these shows so I kind of like hearing what's going on in them....

585925[/snapback]

Smallville's biggest flaw is its need to be so over the top with everything. The whole Clark and Lana thing was just stupid. The minute that Clark showed her his powers, you just knew 'that beeotch gonna die', then, of course, you knew he was going to go back in time to save her, because the real Lana exists in the superman comic. Sigh.

Whether some of you acknowledge it or not, it's just common courtesy to put something like *spoilers* in the title so that someone has the chance to avoid it if they so choose.

Smallville's biggest flaw is its need to be so over the top with everything.  The whole Clark and Lana thing was just stupid.  The minute that Clark showed her his powers, you just knew 'that beeotch gonna die', then, of course, you knew he was going to go back in time to save her, because the real Lana exists in the superman comic.  Sigh.

586084[/snapback]

My wife and I used to watch the show but bailed during season three, or four, I don't know...right after Lexx was put in an asylum. We thought the show was going to get good and dark, and start kicking a$$, then it goes all soft. We popped back in a while later and Lana is possessed...whatever. Pretty dumb. Anyway, it looks like it's taking a turn towards the dark again. They should have killed Lana off. I hate her. I'm not kidding. I really freaking hate her.

Smallville's biggest flaw is its need to be so over the top with everything.  The whole Clark and Lana thing was just stupid.  The minute that Clark showed her his powers, you just knew 'that beeotch gonna die', then, of course, you knew he was going to go back in time to save her, because the real Lana exists in the superman comic.  Sigh.

586084[/snapback]

The last time I read the comics, both Martha and Jonathan Kent were still alive, so the fact that Lana is too doesn't mean squat.

Why does an image of the comic book store owner from the Simpson pop into my head about now???  :ph34r:  :lol:

585663[/snapback]

What American shows are popular in Britain? All I can think of is Nick Hornby's references to Cheers in High Fidelity.

From what I read, Firefly was insanely popular, as was Buffy.

586269[/snapback]

Yep, pretty sure the movie did as well abroad as it did here.

What American shows are popular in Britain?  All I can think of is Nick Hornby's references to Cheers in High Fidelity.

586267[/snapback]

What American shows AREN'T popular in the UK is a better question....

Right now we have: Smallville, The OC, Americas Next Top Model,American Idol, One Tree Hill, Friends, Thrid Rock, Futurama, Family Guy, Simpsons, ER, The Apprentice, CSI, West Wing, Will and Grace, 24, Despeerate Housewives, Invasion, Alias, Charmed, Shipwrecked, Knight Rider, Roseanne, The A Team, Planets Funnist Animals, COPS, Malcolm in the Middle: Nip/Tuck, Law and Order, Brat Camp, Punkd, Meet the Barkers, Pimp my Ride, Wife Swap, Cheers, Wonder Years, Bold and the Beautiful, Quantum Leap... you get the idea

We get most if the same TV here as you do there. It is the wonder of Cable/Sattelite... But even on regular TV we get a ton of US shows as well as British stuff...

What American shows AREN'T popular in the UK is a better question....

Right now we have: Smallville, The OC, Americas Next Top Model,American Idol, One Tree Hill, Friends, Thrid Rock, Futurama, Family Guy, Simpsons, ER, The Apprentice, CSI, West Wing, Will and Grace, 24, Despeerate Housewives, Invasion, Alias, Charmed, Shipwrecked, Knight Rider, Roseanne, The A Team, Planets Funnist Animals, COPS, Malcolm in the Middle: Nip/Tuck, Law and Order, Brat Camp, Punkd, Meet the Barkers, Pimp my Ride, Wife Swap, Cheers, Wonder Years, Bold and the Beautiful, Quantum Leap... you get the idea

We get most if the same TV here as you do there. It is the wonder of Cable/Sattelite... But even on regular TV we get a ton of US shows as well as British stuff...

586744[/snapback]

well, how do they rate in popularity as compared to japanese game shows? and 'meet the barkers' is on there? that's just sad.

well, how do they rate in popularity as compared to japanese game shows?  and 'meet the barkers' is on there?  that's just sad.

586798[/snapback]

Da hell is that? Bob Barker?

bob barker would be a big step up. it's an awful mtv show w/ the moron blink 182 drummer and his hot wife. trying to capture the jessica simpson audience i guess.

586967[/snapback]

Well, the hot wife part sounds good....is she someone famous, or just the wife of someone famous?

just testing

Edit: guess we don't have a spoiler tag

anyhow, echoing Fezmid, the title of the thread gave away the big secret already...it's like taking the big twist in the last harry potter book and pasting it on the cover at the bookstore

585861[/snapback]

My bad. I started the thread, and didn't think about those who were in different time zones, taping etc.

I will not let it happen again. :doh: