Takeo Spikes ..... will he ever come back?

Considering he's been playing on an injured achilles for over a year, i think he'll be the same or better.

torn achilles is a devastating injury that as far as i can tell usually ends a players or career or at least slows them considerably.  lawrence was slowed considerably and retired a year after coming back at the age of 33.  and yesterday we learned that former bills TE riemersma is retiring due to the injury too.  anyone have a good handle on usually happens, examples of careers it ended or shortened and examples of players that came all the way back?  i'd obviously love it for takeo to come back 100%, but i wonder if we're all being a bit dilusional by not focusing on the real potential for a new OLB to replace him.

583891[/snapback]

Remember Dan Marino??  He tore his achilles and came back.  It had no effect on his rushing ability.  :lol:

584899[/snapback]

more relevant comparison is lawrence taylor. the year after he came back from torn achilles he had 1 & 1/2 sacks versus 12 & 1/2 the year before. NY press commented that "only time LT saw an opposing QB is when they ran by him." he retired at the end of that season. sucks i know, but bills better have a backup plan for spikes not cutting it.

more relevant comparison is lawrence taylor.  the year after he came back from torn achilles he had 1 & 1/2 sacks versus 12 & 1/2 the year before.  NY press commented that "only time LT saw an opposing QB is when they ran by him."  he retired at the end of that season.  sucks i know, but bills better have a backup plan for spikes not cutting it.

585047[/snapback]

lol, comparing spikes to LT is like comparing a little leaguer bench warmer to the WCS MVP. get it moron, as far apart as 2 people in the same sport could possibly be!!!!!