Jauron radio interview Tues. evening

stevewin

Get Lucky and Not Have Injuries.  Great strategy.

583121[/snapback]

Excellent strategy. Maybe the Bills will draft the next Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith and Thurman Thomas this year also!

I believe a coach must inspire his team and his players. In addition, he must give the fans hope of success.

Do you feel inspired by Jauron? Personally, I don't. Not one bit.

What makes you all think he is going to become a winner after years of proving he was mediocre as a head coach and as an assistant? Where is he going to find all these outstanding assistants who will magically transform the team?

Sad to say, but to me this looks like another 2-3 years of re-building excuses followed by another search for a new head coach.

The whole situation pretty much underscores the underlying point though:  people don't like the Jauron decision, so they will use every friggin' cliche he has said against him.  His answers in pressers have been the "perfect," most milquetoast cliched answers to give, but every one of those answers is "wrong" because of the exception arguments against the cliches.

I agree with this.

The bottom line is that he was not saying that you run the ball every play into a stacked up box of 9 men, but that if you establish that you can run the ball, resulting in the opposing defenses putting 9 in the box, then it gives you room to throw.  Teams will not stack up against the run if you have no established ground game, you need to make them respect your running capabilities. 

583329[/snapback]

This part makes no sense at all. Teams stack 8 on the line vs. the Bills all the time. They don't do it because they "fear" the Bills running game. They do it because it makes the Bill offense zero dimensional - it's easier to shut down the run and they know the QB can't make them pay by making any plays ever. Having room in the secondary to throw hasn't been the problem with our passing game - pass protection and QB play have been.

I really hope that is the case.  I do not like the fact that ESPN mentioned his OC in Chicago, John Schoop, might be at the top of his list here.  If that happens, that shows me he has not learned from past mistakes and gives me no confidence he will be any better his second time around.

Although I wasn't thrilled about the hire, if he stays away from his buddy Schoop and builds a strong staff, I'm more than willing to give this guy a shot.  Of course, the fact Soprano is predicting Caldwell really has me nervous :)

582929[/snapback]

Shoop may have matured and improved with time spent under Jon Gruden and Norv Turner. He has interviewed for the Raiders HC job.

... which is exactly why "calling out the media" is such a stupid thing to do.

583370[/snapback]

How's that old adage go? "Never pick a fight with a man who buys his ink by the barrel."

Read any of Sullivan's columns since the first PC -- the one where Ralph got him with the "every time you ask a question I need to up my dose of Prozac" line, while the rest of the media snickered in the background -- and you'll have a clear-cut example of same.

Sully's on a mission.

Sully's on a mission.

583631[/snapback]

Oh, so that's why Sully has suddenly turned negative in his columns, after blindly supporting the Bills for all these years... :doh:

This, too, would be the same guy who, at Levy's press conference, had nothing more pressing to ask than whether the team would keep "secrets" from him like the previous regime...

Oh, so that's why Sully has suddenly turned negative in his columns, after blindly supporting the Bills for all these years...  :doh:

583806[/snapback]

Not against the Bills in general (although I imagine that will continue); against Ralph. Last time I heard him on GR, he was off on some rant about how everyone else in the media pays RCW too much respect by calling him "Mr. Wilson", etc., etc.

If you heard the PC when Ralph went after him, there was some pretty loud laughter from JS's colleagues. Guessing he didn't enjoy being the source for their amusement...

JMO.

How's that old adage go? "Never pick a fight with a man who buys his ink by the barrel."

Read any of Sullivan's columns since the first PC -- the one where Ralph got him with the "every time you ask a question I need to up my dose of Prozac" line, while the rest of the media snickered in the background -- and you'll have a clear-cut example of same.

What's the inside story with that? I must have missed it.

Not against the Bills in general (although I imagine that will continue); against Ralph. Last time I heard him on GR, he was off on some rant about how everyone else in the media pays RCW too much respect by calling him "Mr. Wilson", etc., etc.

If you heard the PC when Ralph went after him, there was some pretty loud laughter from JS's colleagues. Guessing he didn't enjoy being the source for their amusement...

JMO.

583839[/snapback]

Yes, I know that. I guess he doesn't realize that Ralph's comments aren't the only reason his colleagues laugh at him...So he's going to give his colleagues more chuckles by crying like a baby after Ralph picked on him...he should take out a loan and buy a sense of humor.