Huge Mistake Levy!

DonBBnFL

:rolleyes:

I am stunned! This is BS! We had the chance to bring in a proven winner and

we settle for a loser! Nice of Marv to pick his buddy, just like TD bringing in his

buddy MM. Maybe Sherman was too expensive for Mr. Wilson? I am quite sure

Dick comes at a very cheap price! What a huge mistake!!!

we settle for a loser! Nice of Marv to pick his buddy, just like TD bringing in his

578871[/snapback]

But come on man, you still gotta BILLIEVE. Go Bills!!!

578871[/snapback]

I'll bet he's working for 1.2 maybe 1.3 ,,,,,it always about the money with ralphy always!

well at least we'll be able to sit back and watch with low expectations and maybe pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it .Marv's a bum he always was , very lucky first time around , I doubt he will be this time..............

Alright, so what in the world makes you believe that the Bills passed on Sherman? Maybe that's who they wanted, but did you ever consider that he didn't want to coach in Buffalo? And why would he? He's getting paid to take a year off and will probably be a big front runner in any job opening in the NFL for the next couple of seasons. So why would he rush into a situation right away?

Alright, so what in the world makes you believe that the Bills passed on Sherman?  Maybe that's who they wanted, but did you ever consider that he didn't want to coach in Buffalo?  And why would he?  He's getting paid to take a year off and will probably be a big front runner in any job opening in the NFL for the next couple of seasons.  So why would he rush into a situation right away?

578911[/snapback]

Two words: Jim Fassel.

I'll bet he's working for 1.2 maybe 1.3 ,,,,,it always about the money with ralphy always!

well at least we'll be able to sit back and watch with low expectations and maybe pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it .Marv's a bum he always was , very lucky first time around , I doubt he will be this time..............

578907[/snapback]

Yeah he really pulled the wool over the eyes of the voters in Canton...that was alllllllllllllllllll luck, we should have just had a cardboard cut-out on the sidelines, we would have been the EXACT SAME TEAM.

Damn, I love this board when stuff likes this happens, its like my entertainment for days.

Yeah he really pulled the wool over the eyes of the voters in Canton...that was alllllllllllllllllll luck, we should have just had a cardboard cut-out on the sidelines, we would have been the EXACT SAME TEAM.

Damn, I love this board when stuff likes this happens, its like my entertainment for days.

578916[/snapback]

Do you know who the "Canton voters" are?

They are pretty much the same people we crap on every single day for not pulling their own heads out of their asses.

Since when does the beat writer for Seattle know more about Marv Levy than the people from Buffalo? :rolleyes:

Two words: Jim Fassel.

578914[/snapback]

So because Jim Fassel hasn't gotten a head coaching job, and who knows how hard he's pursued one, then Mike Sherman has to jump on the first train to Whatevertown, USA just because they want him? I just don't find that scenario likely when you're collecting 3.5 million to sit at home and relax for a year.

So because Jim Fassel hasn't gotten a head coaching job, and who knows how hard he's pursued one, then Mike Sherman has to jump on the first train to Whatevertown, USA just because they want him?  I just don't find that scenario likely when you're collecting 3.5 million to sit at home and relax for a year.

578927[/snapback]

It's called a bird in the hand...

Jim Fassel was THE coach of the day when he was booted from NY. Supposedly, he would have the choice of any job he wanted. The guy can't get a free cup of coffee from his mother these days...

Do you know who the "Canton voters" are?

They are pretty much the same people we crap on every single day for not pulling their own heads out of their asses. 

Since when does the beat writer for Seattle know more about Marv Levy than the people from Buffalo?  :rolleyes:

578923[/snapback]

I do know who the voters are, and I know that you need 80% of all of those writers to vote for you in order to get into the Hall of Fame. So what you are suggesting is that Marv was such a terrible head coach, but somehow managed to convince at least 4/5ths of the voters he wasnt? And there are some excellent writers out there, people who know the NFL and how it works a helluva lot better then we do. When it boils down to it, we are just all armchair QBs who think we know everything, but dont know squat about the real game.

Listen, I know some people are pissed tonight but making statements like that, regardless of who they come from, just come off as being REALLY petty.

It's called a bird in the hand...

Jim Fassel was THE coach of the day when he was booted from NY.  Supposedly, he would have the choice of any job he wanted.  The guy can't get a free cup of coffee from his mother these days...

578931[/snapback]

Well we'll never know the true story so I guess there's no point arguing about it. I just wish people wouldn't be so angry about this "decision" without knowing the whole story, and admittedly I don't know the the whole story either, but I'm not claiming to.

Listen, I know some people are pissed tonight but making statements like that, regardless of who they come from, just come off as being REALLY petty.

578936[/snapback]

Statements like mine?

I have never put much stock in the HoF, the Oscars, or Miss America... I do not applaud them for their vision in selecting Levy and then hammer them for their lack of vision in not selecting Wilson. Peter King BRAGS about being able to keep Art Monk out. What are your thoughts about Mr. King?

I've seen enough of Marv and I've seen enough evidence from the GM's of the NFL to draw my own conclusion. I may be in the minority around here and that is fine with me, but I bet in a few years we will be talking about how Marv got booted to the curb yet again in Buffalo. And like clockwork - the rest of the NFL will yawn. again.

578916[/snapback]

Take thurman and Kelly out of that equation and marv doesn't even win 8 games.......

The guy lost 4 straight big one's , each worse than the year before, Lucked out with the talent provided by polian ,,, give me a call in a couple years and show me that type of talent on the billls

that bill gave him in the 80's ,I won't be holding my breath that s for sure....If marv was so great why didn't anyone else hire him after buffalo ? The guy was an average coach with way above average talent provided by polian , thats my opin. and it will never change unless of course he builds a superbowl WINNER ......I could care less if he's enshrined in canton......

Take thurman and Kelly out of that equation and marv doesn't even win 8 games.......

578980[/snapback]

You retard.

Take Aikman and Emmitt out of Dallas and JJ doesn't win 8 games.

Take Montana and Rice out of SF and Walsh doesn't win 8 games.

Take Brady out of NE and BB doesn't win 8 games.

That statement alone proves your ignorance.

You retard.

Take Aikman and Emmitt out of Dallas and JJ doesn't win 8 games.

Take Montana and Rice out of SF and Walsh doesn't win 8 games.

Take Brady out of NE and BB doesn't win 8 games.

That statement alone proves your ignorance.

578985[/snapback]

BB will make the playoffs with no OL and a 3rd string secondary and some running back he dug out of the bills trash can..........jj made the playoffs with a qb on one leg and no bigtime running back .....if brady goes down BB will beat our team with a 3 string qb . the point was marv had the best talent and lost the big one 4 times , don't you remember what parcells did to him with his back-up qb Hoestetler ...oh I forgot he's in the hall of fame right next to JK.................what the hell did gibbs do to marv with RYPIEN ........spanked his ass ,,,oh I forgot he's in the hall of fame right next to JK.........

The example's you've listed all WON the big one ......they didn't get spanked over and over.

As a matter of fact walsh,bb and jj never lost a superbowl with equal if not less talent than the great marv had at his disposal for over 6 seasons, go figure........

578871[/snapback]

Wow this is certainly surprising. Marv's reputation rides on this guy. And that is scary. If Jauron doesn't win quickly and consistently, Levy won't work in the NFL again.