The Bright Side

I am pissed that it's not Mike Sherman. But there is a few different ways of looking at it:

1.) It's not Mike Mularkey! : We all wanted a new HC and anyone is better than having the Steelers connection around.

2.) We have the potential of having coordinators with HC experience : With Sherman, we probably would have gotten Bates and someone else he brought from Green Bay. But with Jauron, we may grab Capers or Hasslett on the D side.

3.) Dick Jauron has HC experience

4.) He won HC of the Year in 2001

5.) NO MORE GADGET PLAYS! : I was going to shoot someone if I saw Roscoe Parrish or Eric Moulds line up under center ever again.

Jauron seems to be well respected around the league and brings a normal, old school approach to Buffalo. Marv is comfortable with him and I guess that helps (?). Again, I wish it was Sherman; but it could be a lot worse.

Let's give the guy a shot and I look forward to knowing who our new coordinators are. No use crying over spilled milk.

I am pissed that it's not Mike Sherman. But there is a few different ways of looking at it:

1.) It's not Mike Mularkey! : We all wanted a new HC and anyone is better than having the Steelers connection around.

2.) We have the potential of having coordinators with HC experience : With Sherman, we probably would have gotten Bates and someone else he brought from Green Bay. But with Jauron, we may grab Capers or Hasslett on the D side.

3.) Dick Jauron has HC experience

4.) He won HC of the Year in 2001

5.) NO MORE GADGET PLAYS! : I was going to shoot someone if I saw Roscoe Parrish or Eric Moulds line up under center ever again.

Jauron seems to be well respected around the league and brings a normal, old school approach to Buffalo. Marv is comfortable with him and I guess that helps (?). Again, I wish it was Sherman; but it could be a lot worse.

Let's give the guy a shot and I look forward to knowing who our new coordinators are. No use crying over spilled milk.

578562[/snapback]

NO I will not give this guy a shot until he proves he can coach... the choice sucks.. everyone knows it.. The NFL knows... And the fans just have to take it in the back side. NO NO NO

NO I will not give this guy a shot until he proves he can coach... the choice sucks.. everyone knows it.. The NFL knows... And the fans just have to take it in the back side.  NO NO NO

578621[/snapback]

The choice doesn't suck. It's acceptable and logical. The guy can coach as he was "coach of the year" in 2001. Look at the personnel he had on offense to go 13-3. It's like "Who?" The defense was VERY good.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi2001.htm

The only thing I had against Sherman is that I've seen him make some questionable on the field calls that remind me of what we just went through this past season.

I'm convinced more and more every day that the average Bills fan wants a raving lunatic stomping up and down the sideline (a.k.a. Krumrie or Bill Cowher) because it looks cool. However, after living through GW and MM, I'll take DJ, and hopefully things will be better.