Decision=$$$ & Power

Lofton80

Lets face it, Jauron was an inexpensive choice. He likely was willing to take the job by keeping the coaches currently on the payroll. Sherman may have wanted to bring in a lot of his guys like Bates. I read this morning that St. Louis had asked Bates to be DC for $1,000,000. I doubt RW was going to pay a DC that much when he paid Malarkey that much to be HC.

As for power, Marv hired a guy who is no challenge to him. Sherman would have been a threat with GM experience. Sherman may had wanted a say in things after

having Ted Thompson lose his starting Guards with no replacements.

The decision was not about coaching. Cheap and compliant.

Lets face it, Jauron was an inexpensive choice.  He likely was willing to take the job by keeping the coaches currently on the payroll.  Sherman may have wanted to bring in a lot of his guys like Bates. I read this morning that St. Louis  had asked Bates to be DC for $1,000,000. I doubt RW was going to pay a DC that much when he paid Malarkey that much to be HC. 

As for power, Marv hired a guy who is no challenge to him. Sherman would have been a threat with GM experience. Sherman may had wanted a say in things after

578233[/snapback]

you got it, especially about control. wilson wanted to move on sherman, which tells me the money wasnt the main reason to pass on sherman, it was all about making little old comfortable

Lets face it, Jauron was an inexpensive choice.  He likely was willing to take the job by keeping the coaches currently on the payroll.  Sherman may have wanted to bring in a lot of his guys like Bates. I read this morning that St. Louis  had asked Bates to be DC for $1,000,000. I doubt RW was going to pay a DC that much when he paid Malarkey that much to be HC. 

578233[/snapback]

Sounds logical to me. Good analysis.